𝐂𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐨𝐫𝐲

𝐘𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐗 𝐅. 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

You leaned back on your chair, exhaling loudly

You leaned back on your chair, exhaling loudly. Your head hurt from thinking so much lately.

For some time now, you had been having... some strange visions. Vivid hallucinations, to be exact.

And it all started on a hot July day.

That gorgeous, sunny day had lured you out of your stuffy house, tempting you with all the summery delights around, the cartoonish blue sky filling you with a newborn sense of awe once more.

You felt tremendously grateful for being able to see its vast expanses again. To see anything again, really.

It took some time to get used to seeing things; you felt like a baby learning its way around the world, constantly filled with awe at seeing even the most mundane of objects. Your hand would still unconsciously reach out for your white cane, only to grasp at thin air, the said stick having been stowed away at a dark corner of the attic, hopefully never to be brought out again.

After aimlessly wandering around for a bit, you had decided to indulge in some shopping. This meant walking past a cafe you frequented a lot. You were surprised to see the old, moss green signboard along with the cute cat mascot in the corner, welcoming visitors with a large grin. The cafe didn't seem to have gone through any changes in the five years you had lived vision impaired. It felt comforting to see some familiar things in a place where change was constant.

With a smile, you had very nearly passed by your favorite haunt when something incredibly strange caught your eye, causing you to stop dead in your tracks and earning a pointed glare from a passerby. But you didn't pay any attention to them or even mutter an apology. You couldn't.

Your breathing halted as you squinted at the scene, your thoughts unraveling at the unbelievable vision that no one else seemed to pay attention to.

It was a woman- one dressed in a dark blue floral outfit, who sat by one of the large windows of the cafe, a spot where you usually sat to soak up the warmth of the sun. Not only was the outfit an exact copy of yours, but the woman was too.

She was a carbon copy of you.

The same hair, the same face, the same body shape, hell even her mannerisms, the way she held her cup of coffee, was a replica of you.

You had heard of "glitches in the matrix" but this- this couldn't be it. Those things were fictional, your skepticism never allowed to believe in fanciful things like that.

An uneasy feeling bubbled within you as you hesitantly stepped into the cafe, to observe the woman some more.

Could it be that you had a twin all along? A long-lost sister separated at birth? Or was she one of those so-called doppelgangers? All kinds of thoughts flitted by your mind as you walked over to a table in the corner, never taking your eyes off the woman.