Chapter 33

He remained staring at me for a couple of minute, I let him. I know he's shock at my sudden attitude. I am too. Who would have thought na ako pa ang lalapit sa kanya?

He should be the one doing this but I did it first, masyado ng maraming oras ang nasayang, nakakapagod ng magtanong ng magtanong ng kung anonh dapat at tamang gawin. Kahit naman anong gawin nating desisyon ay mayroon butas na makikita ang ibang tao. So why bother?

"Where's your daughter?" I asked him straightly.

He suddenly stiffened as his face fell. I don't know what's happening so I just pursed my lips and stopped myself from asking questions that'll make him uncomfortable.

Hindi ko na nasundan kung ilang minuto na ang lumipas. The only thing that I know is I am comfortable being silent with him. I know he's in deep thoughts, I can see it on his face, so I choose to be quiet.

"I didn't have the chance to see her." He whispered weakly after a long silence.

My forehead creased as I glanced at him. What does he mean? Tinaguan ba siya ng anak ni Hollie? Why? For what?

Instead of asking I just close my eyes tightly as I pursed my lips too.

"When you left, she left too."

Who? Hollie? Why can't he just say it straight to the point? Nalilito ako. Hindi ko maintindihan.

"Months after you left, Hollie had a miscarriage." His hands suddenly trembled like he remembered something frightening.

"I don't know what happened. I just received a call that she's on the hospital."

He sighed and hold my hand tightly like he's getting strength from there. I softly caressed it while staring at his pained face.

"She told me that she's going to her friend and then suddenly, that happened. My daughter died because of her carelessness. I told her to stay on the house because she's pregnant but she didn't listen, she told me she wants to have fun, and now our daughter is gone."

I gasped after hearing that. Miscarriage? I didn't realize it at his first statement. It suddenly dawned on me. Hollie had a miscarriage? What tge actual fuck? I left for the baby's sake and then what? She's gone?!

"I was devastated, Ari. My daughter... my innocent daughter died but her mom seems happy." He cried like a baby. My heart ache looking at him breaking down. How many times did I saw him cry?

"I can't forget the small smile plastered on her face after the doctor told her that our daughter is gone, Ari. I wanted to punch her! I wanted to hurt her!"

My jaw clenched as I imagined Hollie's relieve face after she just had a miscarraige. Kung ayaw niya sa bata ay sana hinayaan man lang niyang mabuhay iyon. I'm sure Calcius will gladly raise it alone. I saw how excited he is with his daughter, I saw how his eyes glistened in happiness while talking about his daughter. I know hell raise it well, hindi niya man lang ba naisip iyon?

"She would have been 5 years old now." He whispered with his crack voiced.

I didn't know that I am already crying If I hadn't felt my cheeks wet. I cried at his pain too.

"I'm sorry." I uttered apologetically. I shouldn't had left, sana may nakapitan siya noong mga oras na iyon. I can imagine him crying alone in his room, mourning alone for his daughter. Just by thinking of it broke my heart. Why do he have to experience this? He may be cold and strong outside but I know how he's so fragile inside. He may be independent but I know how he needs to hold onto someone to get some strength.

I failed to do that, I failed to be with him at his lowest. I failed to be at his side in his mourning state. Nandoon dapat ako at inaalo siya, but I was busy mourning on my broken heart too. We were busy healing our broken hearts, hindi namin iyon nagamot ng magkasama.