CHAPTER 2

Author's pov 

It's been three years since Little Jhilam was staying with her grandparents (Hiya's family). 

Her mamu (maternal uncle) has got married. 

Everything was going perfectly but things started to turn sour drastically without giving anyone a chance. 

Oneday Her grandmother died due to cardiac arrest. Because of a personal problem between her mamu and mami (Maternal uncle's wife), her Mami left the house and started to stay in her parents house after Jhilam's grandmother's death.

Somehow Hiya understood that somehow her staying in her parents' house was causing a problem in between the family.

She talked with Goutam and he assured her that he already has searched for a house where they can stay as tenants.

Saying Goodbye to her parents, Hiya and Goutam left the house taking  Jhilam with them. 

Finally they reached their destination. 

They entered the house after taking the key to the door from the owner.It has two bedrooms, one kitchen and a toilet.

 The rooms were dark. In The bedroom there was a little night bulb which was illuminating the room, still it was dark. 

At night, they spread newspaper on the floor with a torn bed sheet above it. They didn't have any furniture with them as those were still at Roy house. There was no tubelight ,no Fan except a night bulb.

They laid on their self made bedding . Hiya was continuously fanning Goutam and  Little Jhilam who slept after getting tired of crying.

Next morning,Goutam left for his work. They didn't have anything to eat as well .They couldn't bring food with them as they abruptly left the house and because of tension & stress they forgot about eating.

The time started to pass and it's noon. Little Jhilam started to cry as she was hungry. 

The owner of their house saw the crying Jhilam and felt sad for her. Finally she brought milk and biscuits for her and gave it to Hiya. 

Hiya gave her a smile of gratitude and fed Jhilam who stopped crying.

Maybe she stopped crying as her hunger subsided but whenever she started to miss her Dadu and Mamu,she would start crying bitterly.  

Little Jhilam at first thought she was going for an outing with her parents but when after a long time she couldn't see her Dadu (grandfather) and Mamu, she started to cry. 

She got so attached with them that she cried her heart out in the pain of separating from them. 

After a week or so of this, Jhilam slowly slowly got used to her surroundings and absence of her Dadu & Mamu .

After three days of struggle with food and electricity, Goutam brought a pump-stove and a table fan as they were still sleeping on the floor.

Seeing Hiya's tensed features ,Goutam said ,"Don't worry Hiya, I will send someone to bring the furniture here."

But the single table fan couldn't provide a decent amount of cool air to them.  So it was difficult for them to sleep with only the table fan as it was very hot.

Hiya couldn't lit the stove on her own. She would cook food in the morning itself  as Only Goutom could lit the stove .So before leaving the house he would lit the stove.Hiya would cook the food which Goutom could take his tiffin and mother-daughter duo could eat till noon.