CHAPTER 3

Jhilam is now studying in class 11. Today is her birthday.  Her father surprised her by giving her a phone which has touch features and net access…...in short Smart Phone.

Jhilam was very happy getting the phone. Her parents don't buy her much gifts and Jhilam very well knew the reason. She never complains about it.

Her parents got peace seeing her smiling face. They are proud of getting a daughter like her who isn't demanding and understands their situation from a very early age. They always try to give her happiness by doing small things for her and as a result , they get to see  Jhilam's smiling face.Seeing her smile made her parents' satisfied. 

She doesn't want anything in her life from them. She just wants their love and blessing. She also wants both of them to stop quarreling and bring peace in the family. She wants them always to be together. 

It's not that their parents don't love each other but still quarrelling is a very common thing between a couple.

Her father has warned her that she has to study properly and she can't make the phone as a reason of her distraction. If he found out her result isn't good,he will snatch the phone away.

Jhilam promised her father that she will never make her phone as a reason for her distraction and will do good in her exams.

Oneday in her coaching class, one of her friend made her open Facebook. 

She started using Facebook but never gave her picture as a profile picture as she was insecure about her dusky colour and chubby figure. She never talked with any strangers in her Facebook. She always has been very introvert type.

She used to scroll Facebook .

Oneday while scrolling ,she came across with an advertisement of an app. The app was reading app - "Dreame".

She always been very fan of reading. So she got curious enough and downloaded the app.

After downloading the app,she started reading stories from there. 

She found her happiness in reading. It worked as the oasis in her boring desert like life and gave her depressed mind an ease.

This app and reading became her best friends .Slowly her depression started to leave her as she fought back her depression and she became less tensed & more happy.

It's been six months since she has been reading. Oneday she read a book which changed her life.

Seeing Author's writing style and the contents & inner meaning of the book ,she thought why can't she start writing as well.

At first she thought that it's her one of those ridiculous wishes which she wanted to fulfill. But still she wanted to try it. 

That night she thought about it. The whole night she spent thinking about pros and cons of writing. 

She thought how her father told her strictly to concentrate on her studies and warned her that her result will decide if she can use the phone or not.

She thought how she promised him that she will study hard and can't let be her phone the reason of her distraction. 

She again thought if she wrote for 2 hours daily it wouldn't reduce much time for her studies. 

She decided to make a routine as it will help her in her studying as well as in writing. 

So finally next morning she decided to give it a shot and after coming back from her school ,she sat down writing her story in English. 

After 2 hours ,she completed her first chapter. She read it and thought it's not that much bad . At Least she can write. As a mere timepass and as a wish, it was more than enough. 

From there, her journey of writing started. 

It's been 1 month since she is writing. 

She has always been a student of bengali medium.  Her English wasn't very strong. She made mistakes while writing as she was writing stories in English but still didn't stop writing. 

"Ahh… Finally I finished my 30 chapters." Jhilam said smiling. 

"Please God, help me doing my result good. Otherwise my father will take my phone away. I need to stop writing for next one month. After exam ,again I will start writing." She said to herself and prayed to God as she had her final exam after a month. 

Suddenly Hiya came and asked her ,"What are you doing in your phone?" 

"No...nothing . I umm I am just checking some notes." Jhilam lied through her teeth. 

She internally asked for forgiveness from her mother. She knew she wasn't doing the right thing by lying to her mother but she didn't have any other opinion as she heard what her mother said to her a week back.

A week ago, she and her mother were watching TV. 

Suddenly she asked her mother , "If a person wants to be an author...he/she should pursue her dream.. right?"

Hiya looked at her perplexed and said ,"What is the guarantee about her being successful ? If the person doesn't get success, what are the benefits she/he can get from writing ? It's better to study and find a job for making the future stable."

Jhilam looked disappointed but said ,"If he is passionate about writing …?"

Hiya said ,"Passion isn't everything always. Remember one thing, this world runs with money…...if a person doesn't get food ,passion always doesn't help him/her on that time…...her/his understands the need of money and a stable life. Moreover, necessity is much more important than luxury. "

Jhilam didn't get satisfied by her explanation.  But she didn't say anything as she knew why her mother was saying this. She knew how her parents had struggled and one (important) of the many reasons for it was money.

So she didn't disclose about her writing. She decided to disclose it after her results of her HS(High Secondary).

Her thoughts broke when her mother called her for dinner.

For next one month she studied very hard. 

Soon her exam got finished and again she started writing. Within somedays her first book completed. 

Then she started her mission of searching for an app where she can publish her story. 

She wanted people to read her story.

Soon she found out about Wattpad where she can read and write as well.

After thinking hard, she published the very first chapter of her book named "Love which changed me."

Publishing her very first chapter, she slept that night.

Next morning she wake up and she saw that the very first chapter got 22 views and 5 stars.

She was ok with it as she knew that she is an amateur writer and she is very much new.

Soon her result of class 11 were out. Seeing her result she got satisfied as she did good in the exam.

Wattpad and her writing become her life from here.

Here you go.

Share your thoughts on this chapter.

Stay safe and healthy.

Keep reading.

Vote🔹️Comment 🔹️Share