EPILOGUE

6 years… 6 years passed like this.

Now Jhilam is 25 and Souradip is 29     .

Jhilam works in a bank and Souradip became team leader in IT sector. Jhilam is still writing.  Her books became more famous with time.

Everything has changed in these 6 years except the love between them. They are still so-much-in-love couple just the way they were in their initial days of relationship. 

Only Jhilam knows how she kept her relationship secret from her parents. On the other side Souradip's family knows about Jhilam. 

Jhilam still remembers the day she met Souradip's sister who was too excited to know who is the person who won her brother's heart and how she is capable of staying with a person who is so unromantic. The last line made Jhilam laugh but she controlled herself. Only if she knew how "unromantic" her brother was .

Jhilam also talked with Souradip's mother through phone. She is a very sweet and soft spoken lady which she liked about his mother.

No, they didn't share any physical intimacy as Jhilam wasn't comfortable to do anything before marriage. Souradip respected her opinion .For them ,love was beyond being physical it is more related to soul.

They had fights but the very next moment they would clear their misunderstanding when they got cool down. 

From last year , Souradip is asking Jhilam if she has talked about them with her parents. But Jhilam couldn't get the courage to talk about her relationship with Souradip with her parents. She knew her parents were strict and it would be a huge mess if she told them .

Currently she was on her way back to her home after completing her work. 

She reached and was welcomed by her mother.

After freshening up she joined her parents for dinner. 

She sat down and started eating . After sometime she looked up to see her parents communicating with each other through eyes.

"What do you guys want to say?" She asked.

",Actually ,we think that you should get married and we found a match for you already." Hearing this Jhilam felt as if her ground slipped beneath her feet.

She didn't say anything and left saying that she will think about it.

Reaching her room, she called Souradip and told him about the alliance .

Souradip was furious and replied,"See ,what happened!!! I told you to talk about our relationship to your parents . But no….you don't listen to me. 
Now do as your parents say because I am sure you will not say anything to them this time also." 

Saying this Jhilam broke down in tears.

She knew that  she did wrong by postponing the talk but now she is repenting it.

Next day was normal . When Jhilam's parents asked her about the opinion,she replied she would tell them by evening. 

In the workplace she was disturbed. She called Debomitra who told her to do the talking as soon as possible. 

She was sad but couldn't blame Souradip for it. He did everything he had to do but she lacked the courage as she knew her parents. 

In evening when she reached home, she was shocked to see the sight  .

There was Souradip sitting in the living room with his parents and sister. 

"Jhilam is here,so I want to confess something. " Souradip said as soon as he saw Jhilam who was tensed seeing stern expression on her parents' face.

"I love your daughter, we are in a relationship for the last 6 years. I was the one who pursued her and eventually everything fell in places. 
Uncle, I don't want anything.. I just want your daughter who changed my life for good. I promise you that I will keep her happy and safe. Maybe I can't give her the most luxurious things but I will keep her the happiest. 
Please ,uncle...allow us to marry." Souradip said, sitting on his knees in front of Goutom.

"Yes Baba… I love him. Please I can't imagine anyone in my life except him. Please baba." Jhilam said something for the first time.

"When I asked you about the alliance,why did you keep quiet?" Goutom asked sternly. 

"I was scared and moreover I didn't want to disappoint you." Jhilam said . It's true . If her baba doesn't agree with her decision to marry Souradip, she will not marry him for sure but at the same time she will not marry any one else as well which is known to Souradip as well.

Hiya squeezed Goutom's shoulder which was her indication that she said yes .

Goutom said ,"Ask pandit ji for a suitable date . Hiya,bring the sweets"

Hearing it Jhilam's and Souradip's happiness knew no bound. They were happy that finally they are going to marry.

It was decided that after 2 months they were getting married as next auspicious date was after a year to which nobody approved.

The preparations started in a full swing. Debomitra and Somdutta were in cloud nine hearing their favourite couple marrying. 

The thing which irked Jhilam was wedding shopping. She was hell tired trying clothes one after another. She swore that she wouldn't shop for next 2 years.

Soon the wedding day came. The friends and relatives teased the hell out of Souradip and Jhilam.

The happiest souls got married finally. 
Souradip couldn't wipe away the smile from his face and Jhilam was all red because of blushing and a constant smile adorned her lips.

Bidaai was a tearful affair. Souradip promised that they will meet her parents every weekend. 

After reaching her new home, Jhilam was nervous due to her responsibilities. But Souradip let her know about his constant support by squeezing her hand. Jhilam got her confidence back.

At their wedding night, after their reception, sitting side by side Souradip told her,"I still thank God for the moment when Soumalyo made me read your story. Because of him ,I got you in my life….I love you Mrs Jhilam Sengupta. "

"I am lucky to have you in my life who accepted me because of the person actually I am. I love you more Mr Souradip Sengupta….you came as a blessing which I will cherish forever."

They hugged each other. They lived happily ever after.

So this is the end.

As you guys requested I will update a bonus chapter. But it will take some time.

How's the chapter.

Stay safe and healthy.

Keep reading.

Vote 🔹️Comment 🔹️Share