° First Mission °

The night before the attack on the training camp was a tough one. I was tossing and turning, trying to get to sleep. I was worried. What if it goes wrong? What if someone recognises who I am?

The thoughts were eating me up so much that I needed to take a walk to get my mind off things.

I got up out of bed and quickly put some clothes on, trying not to wake Toga in the process. Before leaving, I grabbed a hoodie big enough to hide my face.

I walked down the corridor and through the bar area to get to the front door. I had my fingers on the handle when I heard a voice behind me.

"Where are you going?" I turned around to come face to face with the leader himself.

"For a walk, I need to get my mind off things."

"Let me come with you, I need to make sure you're safe." I was confused to say the least. He didn't seem like the person who would care whether his fellow villains were safe or not.

"I'll be fine, I've survived on the streets for this long."

"I'm coming with you, your quirk prevents you from protecting yourself. You never know how many pros are looking for you right now." I sighed. There was no convincing him. He was adamant about coming so I guess I'd have to let him.

"Fine."

He grabbed a hoodie for himself and we both left. We were silent for about the first ten minutes of the walk, the feeling of awkwardness rising. I decided to take my mind off the silence and avert my thoughts to the night.

It was cold but not too cold. The crisp air could be felt on every part of my skin, like a looming shadow over my body. The stars could faintly be seen above us, contrasting the thick darkness surrounding them. If I wasn't currently in fear of being caught, it would have all felt quite beautiful. I continued to take note of everything I saw until I was pulled out of my trance by the man beside me.

"Why did you need to take your mind off things." The question surprised me. Why was he being so caring all of a sudden?

"It doesn't matter."

"Yes it does. If something is worrying you, it could affect your abilities in combat and that could be a devastation to the league." I remained silent. I didn't want to show that I was weak. I suddenly felt a sensation around my body, the sensation that only appears when I start glowing.

"Y/N, you're glowing black aren't you?" He asked.

"Nope." I managed to force out.

"Yes you are, I know when you're lying. Also, your giving off heat like a lightbulb does." Great, he saw right through me.

"Fine. I'm just a little worried since it's my first mission tomorrow."

"Understandable, you've been an outlaw for years and now you are doing something that could bring massive amounts of attention towards you. However, the other members of the league are completely capable of keeping you safe."

"I hope so."

We continued to walk along after that conversation. I couldn't help but wonder why he was being so caring towards me. Was he like this with everyone in private, or was it just me? I'd never seen him like this before so it was a bit of a shock.

We got back to the base just as the sun was rising.

"Now, I better try and get some sleep before the mission." I said, trying to sound less worried than before. "Thank you."

I walked towards my room when I heard Shigaraki shout me.

"We're meeting at six in the evening, don't be late!" Ah, that's where the normal Shigaraki went. I kinda preferred the other one.

I woke up and checked the time. I had an hour and a half before we were meeting. I got up and began getting dressed into the usual hoodie and jeans.

Soon, it was time to meet so I went into the bar area. I sat myself on a stool next to Toga as everyone was arriving.

"I wonder if we'll get costumes?" Toga whispered to me, clearly excited.

"Maybe. It would be cool."

Once everyone arrived, Shigaraki began to speak.

"As you all know, tonight we will be raiding the UA training camp in order to capture two students. Some of you will be working with others, others will be by themselves. Dabi will be with Twice, Spinner with Magne and Mr. Compress with Y/N. The rest will be by themselves."

Then he pointed over to a table. "Those are additional items that have been chosen to help some of your quirks. Look through them."

Toga was the first to run over there, dragging me along with her. I noticed something with my name on. It seemed to be some sort of body armour. Makes sense since I can't protect myself with my forcefields. I put it on over the clothes I already had on and pulled my hood over my head.

"How do I look?" I asked Toga.

"You look great, I wish mine was as cool as yours. It's useful but not stylish."

"At least it's useful, anyway, I think you look great."

Shigaraki noticed that we were all ready and spoke to us a final time.

"Kurogiri will transport you now. Don't let me down."

We all walked towards Kurogiri, I was the last through, but before I went, I felt four fingers grab hold of my arm.

"Be careful out there, I don't want to lose a powerful quirk like yours." Again, that caring tone was there. Did he really care about me? Or was it just an act?

I walked through Kurogiri onto a cliff edge.

This was it. My time to prove myself...

Hi! It's been a while. I've almost finished my other story so after that, I will be fully focused on this one. Hope you enjoyed this part despite the wait.

-H