° Bakugo °

It was the morning after I had escaped from the police cell. I had experienced the worst night's sleep ever in my life.

Why, you ask? Because of our little friend locked up down the hall. His struggles to escape rattled throughout the building, causing me to have a reckless night.

The others didn't seem to have this problem. Were they deaf or something? Or maybe they were just used to getting little to no sleep.

Thankfully, the boy soon fell into a deep slumber himself, allowing us to have some peace and quiet.

I was grabbing myself a drink when I heard my name being said. I turned around to see Dabi and Toga having a conversation. I shouldn't eavesdrop, but that is exactly what I was about to do.

"I wonder why the boss cares about them so much. He doesn't care about the rest of us." I heard the voice of Dabi whisper.

"He explained that himself." Toga replied.

"It's clearly more than that. I can see it in the way he acts at any mention of them. He becomes protective of them, as if they're a pet of some sort."

Pet? The hell?

"Maybe he's in love with them."

My eyes widened, in love with me? That couldn't be possible. No, never. I refuse to believe it.

All through the day, Toga's words rang in my ears, making me extremely distracted.

"Drop the small talk and go die!" A voice dragged me out of my trance to bring my attention to the scene playing out in front of me.

Shigaraki was trying to talk Bakugo into joining the league with no success whatsoever.

I could see it in the boy's eyes, there was no way he'd ever become a villain. The determination to destroy every single one of us. The strive to find a way to escape. He was set to his goals and there was no way we could possibly make him stray away from that.

Shigaraki moved towards the young hero's restraints. What the hell was he doing? Does he want to get us killed? As soon as he was released, Bakugo ran towards the first person he set his eyes on.

Me.

I created a forcefield around him, preventing him from moving any further.

I sighed in relief. I really shouldn't have thought it was over.

A crash was heard behind me, turning around I saw All Might bursting through the wall, followed by the branches of Kamui Woods. The branches wrapped around each of us.

Noticing the forcefield around Bakugo, the attention of the heroes was drawn to its source. All eyes landed on me before I suddenly felt the branches around me getting tighter. They clearly wanted me to release him.

It soon became harder and harder to breathe. I had to let go otherwise I may pass out. I turned off my quirk and felt the bindings loosen. I took a sharp intake of breath, finally feeling the privilege of air again.

I looked over to Shigaraki, hoping he had a plan. His gaze was sharp; however, when his eyes met mine, it seemed to soften. We seemed to communicate telepathically, him instantly knowing what I wanted to say, he nodded in response, assuring that he had it under control.

Almost as soon as he nodded, I saw the fellow league members seeming to melt away, much to the dismay of the heroes around us.

I was one of the final ones to be transported. Once I arrived, I was greeted by my allies and an angry looking Bakugo.