° Fear and Guilt °

The league had all been awfully quiet for the past few days. The feeling of loss and disappointment was finally sinking in and it hurt.

You could tell that everyone was either angry with themselves or burning with desire to get revenge.

Me? I was a bit of both. I could have done far more but I did barely anything. I was beginning to doubt my skills, was I really the best person to have on this team?

I was like this for the first day or so, but after we got the news of All For One's loss, I suddenly got a feeling of anger. A feeling of determination to make them pay for what they did. But for now, we had to lay low. We couldn't risk our security again.

As I came into the main part of the warehouse, I heard crashes and angry shouts coming from the room next to it.

"What's going on?" I asked. I was both curious and concerned as to what what was happening.

"Shigaraki." Dabi replied. He looked irritated. "He's been like this all day." Ah, that explains the irritation.

"He's been throwing things, disintegrating things, you name it." Toga said. She sounded somewhat worried, an emotion I didn't think she had.

"Well, have any of you tried to do something about it?" I asked and was greeted by silence. Typical. "We need to do something. We can't deal with this noise all day."

"If any of us try, we'll be dead meat." Mr. Compress said.

"You know Y/N." Dabi spoke up. "He'll probably listen to you. He seems to like you more than any of us." There was a clear bitter tone in his voice.

"Fine, I'll go talk to him." I said, storming off. What Dabi said really got on my nerves. It's not my fault that he prefers me over any of them.

I opened the door to be smacked in the face by the deafening noise of thing being chucked around the room. In the middle of it all stood a lanky blue haired male.

Hesitantly, I walked towards the figure, reaching my hand up to his shoulder to try and place it on it.

"Shiga-" I was cut off by four fingers wrapping around my throat, a fifth only a few millimeters away. Red eyes met mine with a murderous look within them.

My entire body instantly started glowing jet black. My heart was banging against my rib cage, threatening to burst out of my chest at any moment. My breath was hitched. This was it, he was going to kill me out of rage.

My teary eyes looked away from his, preparing for my last moment. Just as I thought it was all going to end, I felt my neck being released from the grasp that was around it.

I scurried away quickly, backing up towards the door.

"Y/N." I heard the man say. He reached his hand out to me, causing me to back away even more before running straight out of the door.

Shigaraki POV

Y/N ran away from the room, leaving me stood in shock. What had I done?

I couldn't get the image out of my head.

Their shaking figure, almost at tears, the entire room engulfed in a black hue. Lips quivering and avoiding eye contact at all cost. All because of me.

What was this feeling? I felt bad for something that I'd done. When did I ever feel like this?

"Kurogiri, I need to ask you something." I told the purple mist beside me.

"What is it Shigaraki Tomura?"

"What is it called when you feel bad for something you've done? Something that has hurt someone and you'd be willing to do anything to make it up to them, but even so, you feel as if you deserve this feeling."

"That would be guilt." He explained.

Guilt huh? I'd heard of it before, just never experienced it. It definitely wasn't a nice feeling, I could tell you that.

"And how would one get rid of this feeling?" I asked. I was willing to do anything to stop these horrible things called emotions.

"You have to admit your actions and make up for them."

"How do you do that?" I could tell that Kurogiri was catching on.

"What have you done that has made you feel this way?" He questioned.

"I lashed out on someone and caused them to be scared of me. If it was anyone else, I would love to see the fear in their eyes, but seeing that look on this person's face, felt different. It made me feel horrible." I explained. "And, it's not just that, this person has made me feel different from the moment I met them. I want to protect them at all cost.

"I hate to say it, Shigaraki Tomura, but I think you're in love."

How are you all? I know this chapter was kinda crappy but it was all I could muster up as I've had a little writer's block lately. Anyhoo, hope you enjoy your day/night.

-H