01

Leo and his new stepsiblings walk into Mission Creek High School. The bionic kids were astonished by what they saw for the first time in the outside world.

Chase was awkwardly waving at the girls, while Adam gave a nod and wink.

"I can't believe we are actually at school! I'm so excited!" Bree exclaims. She notices a lunch lady walk out of the cafeteria and she runs up hugging her with whatever she's got.

Leo managed to pull her off and the lunch lady scolded Bree as she walks away.

"She smelled like fish sticks."

The Dooley boy forces a smile as he says, "Do me a favor and try to act like you've seen the world. I have a reputation to uphold here."

Two jocks walk behind Leo and the one with a jersey gives him a wedgie. He yells out in pain and looks at the walking boy. "Good to see you too, Steve!" The jocks walk off chuckling.

Bree turns to two girls and holds out her hand. "Hi! I'm Bree! I like ponies and girl things!" The two friends look at each other, chuckle, and then walk away. The Davenport girl excitedly turns back to Leo, "Did you see that? I have besties. I can't wait to stab them in the back!"

Leo's attention is turned to Adam, who is casually talking to a girl at her locker. As his way to attempt to flirt, he rips off the girl's locker by its hinges.

"Adam!" The youngest, Chase, scolds. He looks between his siblings, "Would you two quit goofing off? We're supposed to not draw attention to ourselves."

Just as the bell rings, Chase starts screaming and covering his ears with his hands. He kneels to the ground in pain as he continues to scream, drawing attention to students.

The bell stops and Chase leans up against Adam's legs.

"What's up with crazy?" Leo asks Bree.

"He has ultra-sensitive bionic hearing."

"Are you okay?"

The four teens turn their heads to the voice and they see a girl walking towards them, more importantly, towards Chase. She crouches down to his level and offers a smile.

"What was that?" He breathes out. The girl chuckles before helping him off the ground.

"It's called a bell. You know, rings 40 minutes, eight times a day." The more she talked, the more confused Chase became. "You don't know what I'm talking about, do you?"

Leo decides to step in. "It's because he used to be homeschooled. Along with the rest of them."

She turns to her friend and playfully nudges his arm. "You never told me you had other friends, Dooley."

The three bionic kids watched the two friends interact, and how easily they talked and laughed with each other. Bree wondered if this girl could be the same way with her, Adam thought about how she could be so casual with a tiny and awkward dude like Leo. And finally, Chase. He could not stop staring at her, thinking about beautiful she was. Other than her attractiveness, he appreciated how caring she was when he panicked over the school bell, how she stopped to make sure he was okay.

This brought a smile to his face.

They refocused their attention when Leo finally turned back to them. "Guys, this is my friend, Harley. Harley, this is Adam, Bree, and Chase Davenport. My new stepsiblings."

Harley gives them a small wave. "It was nice meeting you, but I should get to class. I can't risk another tardy. See you guys later."

The four waved at the girl as she left, and Harley walked near to her class and scanned the area to make sure nobody was around. She reaches into her back pocket and pulls out her phone, dialing a number and putting it to her ear.