10

"Oh, this is so exciting!" Tasha exclaims. "I have never been to Australia before."

Davenport and Tasha were trusting the kids to be home alone while they went on a trip to Australia. All of them were invited to come along, but it would be difficult for the three bionic kids who would need their capsules, and Harley and Leo can't miss school. The four teens were sitting on the couch. Adam watching TV on his stomach. Bree was on her phone and the couple cuddled up, Harley was curled up next to Chase with one of his arms around her, the latter doing stuff on the tablet.

Eddy pops up on the screen. "Hey, maybe you'll like it so much you won't want to come back!" He says sarcastically before shutting off.

"Donald, honey, do you have the plane tickets?" Tasha asks her husband and he laughs. "Honey, we're taking my fully automated private jet," He replies with a scoff. "Plane tickets. Why don't we just slap on a bunch of stamps and mail ourselves there."

"Private jet. That works." Tasha turns to her son and the two of them fist-pumps the air.

"Okay, Leo, this is your chance to prove you're responsible enough to stay home without us," Davenport says.

"Me?" Leo questions. "What about them?" He gestures to the four teens on the couch.

Davenport sighs. "They were designed to go on missions and save the world. And Harley, she scares me to tell her what to do." Harley smiles against Chase's chest as she hears Davenport. "You..." He points at Leo. "You were designed to break stuff."

"Don't worry, I know the rules-- no touchy-touchy your stuffy-stuffy."

"Leo, I'm serious. There are millions of dollars worth of technology here. So no goof-ups, no explosions, no fires – you know what? I'm not going."

"Donald, Leo will be responsible," Tasha cuts in. "He is a big boy. Sweetie, I left your flame-retardant undies on the dresser."

Harley looks up and smirks at Leo. "Oh, yes. What a big boy he is wearing those types of undies."

"Mr. Davenport, Leo will be fine," Bree says, sliding her phone into her back pocket. "I mean, what's the worst that could happen?"

"Funny you should ask," Chase spoke up. "I've made an actuary chart that covers every possible catastrophe. You have an eighty-two percent chance of coming back to a perfectly normal house." He hands the papers to Davenport. "Happy travels."

"Don't worry!" Tasha says. "Eddy is here to monitor every room in the house. He is like a virtual babysitter."

Eddy pops up on the screen again. "Yeah, and I virtually care about your kids."

"Big D, I got this," Leo says, shooing the two adults out the door. "No explosions, no goof-ups, no fires, no floods –"

"Wait. I didn't think about floods."

"Donald, let's go!"

The bionic teens got to their feet, Harley left on the couch, and said their goodbyes as they sent the adults on their way.

"Okay, be careful," Davenport says. "There's an inflatable raft in the closet."

Then, they were gone.

"Whoo-hoo! Party in the lab!" Adam cheers. His siblings joined as Chase walked over to his girlfriend, helping her to her feet and wrapping his arms around her.

"Did you not hear what Davenport just said?" Leo asks. "We're supposed to be responsible."

"Oh, right. I'll be responsible for the snacks. Leo, you're responsible for blowing up that raft! Whoo-hoo! Party in the lab!" With more cheering, the three bionics left to go down to the lab leaving Harley and Leo to exchange looks.