11

Harley sat on the couch watching her boyfriend, Leo and Adam play a game. The three of them lost and sat down. She had gotten back from her one-week trip for personal matters. She had no idea when she would be leaving again, so she made a promise to spend much time as she can with Chase and his family.

"I just wasted three hours of my life getting to that level. I'm never playing this game again." Leo says, the other two agreeing with him before getting back up to play again.

"Leo, will you stop playing that game?" Tasha asks her son when she entered the living room. "It is nothing but a huge time-waster that is going to rot your brain."

"Ooh, Mental Chaos!" Davenport exclaims when entering the living room. "I got next!"

"Donald!" Tasha scolds her husband. "I was just telling Leo that he's playing too much."

"Huh, you're telling me. He almost beat my high score." Davenport says, the three boys sitting down, Chase wrapping his arm around Harley.

"I'm just saying, this game is affecting him. Last week, he tried to pause me. Twice!"

"You get used to it after a while." Harley pipes up.

"Leo, what else are you interested in?" Davenport asks.

"Well, I keep telling you I'd love to work with you in the lab."

"Yeah, and I keep telling you I don't wanna die in a fiery explosion."

"Donald, this is perfect!" Tasha exclaims. "Leo wants to be like you, and you love you."

Davenport rolls his eyes. "But the lab is where I go to investigate the complex mystery that is me."

"Well, now you can investigate the complex mystery that is Leo."

"But he's gonna touch all my stuff!" Davenport whines. Tasha pouts and Davenport sighs. "Fine! You can be my... lab assistant."

"I prefer scientific liaison," Leo says.

"Yeah, how about the vice president of stop talking before you blow it?"

Bree comes downstairs. "I thought I told you guys to get lost. The coolest girls in school, apart from Harley, are coming over for a sleepover, and I don't want this place smelling of feet and pickles. Only Harley is allowed to stay." She pulls the brunette off the couch.

"Not me. I'm armpits and onions." Adam says, sniffing his armpits.

"Hey! Why does she get to have a party?" Chase asks.

"Because she needs to socialize more with girls so she stops challenging random strangers to loogie contests," Tasha replies.

"Aww, but she's the champ!" Adam says.

"You gotta work up a green one. They're uh, meatier." Bree says.

"That's my little princess," Davenport tells her.

"So, I've watched every slumber party movie ever made. We're gonna have a pillow fight, we're gonna put cucumbers on our eyes, and we're gonna shave Franchesca's legs." Bree explains, Harley made a face.

"Did you invite Stephanie?" Harley asks, turning to Bree.

"She told me she'd make sure nobody would come if I didn't invite her," Bree says before she and Tasha went upstairs.

Adam and Chase had their own conversation about how they planned on pranking the girls while Harley lay on the couch, waiting for the sleepover to begin. Suddenly, a pair of lips touched hers and she opened her eyes to see the hazel eyes she loved and she smiled.