12

Harley walks to the cafeteria and she sees the bionic boys talking with somebody, then she hears Adam speak.

"So, Marcus, tell us about yourself."

Harley froze at the entrance of the doors, hoping it was not the same Marcus she was thinking about.

"So my dad and I moved around a lot. I was homeschooled most of my life."

When the voice spoke, Harley groaned and it was indeed her brother, Marcus.

"No way! Us too! We're so similar! Do you have a third nipple too?" Adam asks and Chase touches his chest.

Harley quietly snickers before walking up to the table. "Hi there."

Adam, Chase, and Marcus turn their heads to the brunette's voice and Marcus's eyes widen slightly.

"Harley, this is Marcus. Our new friend." Chase says and Harley nods at the boy.

"I know who he is," Harley says, making eye contact with Marcus. "We have a class or two together."

She moves from her spot and sits next to Chase, greeting him with a kiss.

Marcus watches the small interaction between the two. He felt bad, honestly. He knew that his sister had a mission to complete, but a small smile formed on his lips when Harley's eyes lit up when she saw Chase. However, he also knew that she would be in huge trouble if she betrayed their father. Which is why he was sent. It pained Marcus to think of his sister getting hurt.

"That's a nice guitar, Marcus," Chase says.

"Yeah, and you're a natural, bro. Guys, we should start a band!" Marcus speaks.

"That's a great idea! Aw, but what would I play?" Adam asks as he uses his chopsticks to drum against the table. "I got it! No, I don't get it."

"I think you can be their drummer, Adam," Harley tells him.

"Interesting choice, I'd been pondering the French Horn," Adam admits.

Leo walks up to the table and takes a seat next to Adam.

"Hey, Leo, guess what? Marcus, Adam, and I are forming a band." Chase informs him.

"Well, you guys just met, don't you think it's a little soon?" Leo asks.

"A little too soon for what? Taking the deeply committed step of jamming together?" Chase asks.

"Now we just need a place to practice. I live in a pretty small place, though." Marcus says, and Harley glares at him, which he caught.

"I know a place. The lab." Adam says, and Harley slams her foot onto his toes. Chase stops what he was doing, and Leo coughs. "The Labrador Retriever Park," Adam says. "Nice acoustics and they have dogs." He leans to Chase and Harley. "Saved it!"

"Well you know, we have a pretty big place. We can jam there." Chase tells Marcus.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, hold your horses' cowboy," Leo says as he gets up and pulls Adam and Chase out of their seats, Chase pulling Harley along with him. "Chase, what are you doing? Do you really think it's a good idea to let a total stranger in our very private home?"

"That's okay, guys. We don't have to jam. Not everyone needs a bright spot in their otherwise horrible lives." Marcus says, looking like he was about to cry.

Oh, well played, Marcus. Harley thought.

"Aw, Leo, look, you're making him feel bad." Chase scolds. "Don't worry, Marcus. We'll practice at our place later. Come on over."