05

Two months later

Harley walks into the Davenport home and saw Adam using Leo as a weight, Chase and Bree tossing a ball back and forth, Davenport was doing something for Singapore, and Tasha was on the phone.

"Harley!" Adam exclaims. "Let me use you as a weight!"

"Sure." She shrugs. Leo sat down on the couch and started using Harley causing her to giggle.

"Yes, mom. Leo and I love our new home." Tasha spoke before a weird look etched across her face. "Oh, you should come and visit."

"467, 468, put some muscle in it," Harley says as Adam bench-pressed her. "469."

"Shh!" Davenport shushes Harley. "I'm picking up radio-free Singapore." He starts singing in a foreign language. "That's gonna be a hit. You mark my words."

"But not today," Tasha says. "Why? Because Donald's not feeling well. Look, I gotta go. He just threw up in my purse. Love you bye!" She quickly hangs up the phone and sets it on the counter. Davenport turns to his wife.

"You know, we're gonna have to have your mother over eventually." He tells his wife.

"No, we don't," Tasha responds as she got up. "Look, my mom doesn't just visit. She has inspections. If she spots anything weird, she will use it as an excuse for her to move in."

Right then, Chase throws the ball, and Bree uses her super-speeds to catch it.

"Nothing weird here," Bree says before throwing the ball back to Chase.

"Honey, when your mother visits, I will shower her with love, I will make her feel welcomed and I will do anything humanly possible to –" The doorbell rings, stopping everything in the house, and Tasha gasps.

"It's my mother!" She exclaims.

"I'll be in the lab," Davenport says before taking off.

"Quick! Turn invisible!" Tasha cries to the bionics. "Oh, come on, you have every other freaky ability." She says. "Just run and hide."

The three bionics hide behind the counter and Harley stands next to Leo.

The door opens, "Oh, good." Tasha's mother says. "It's unlocked."

"Mom!" Tasha says as she went to hug her mother. "You're here."

"Would've been here sooner if it hadn't been for your stupid gate," Rose replies.

"Oh, that's just Donald's titanium security fence," Tasha says.

"Well, if you ran it with your car hard enough, it pops right open."

Harley chuckles and whispers to Leo, "I like her."

"Leo, there's my baby. Come and give me some sugar." Rose says and Leo went to hug her and she quickly pulled away. "Grandma's so glad to see you. Let me see your face. You're so cute! Grandma brought your favorite bran fruitcake." She hands Leo a tin-foiled lump, and Leo almost drops it.

"Wow," Leo says. "Grandma, you shouldn't have! And when I say you shouldn't have –"

"Leo," Tasha warns.

"Who are you?" Rose asks when she finally acknowledges Harley.

"Grandma, this is my best friend, Harley."

"Oh, that's right! My grandbaby has told me all about you. You are such a beautiful young woman." Rose gushes and pinches Harley's cheeks and she laughs.

"Thank you, ma'am."

"You don't need to call me that. It makes me sound old. Call me Grandma or Rose."

Forbidden || Chase DavenportOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara