08

Harley sat in the lab next to Leo as he was on his computer. Adam, Bree, and Chase were in their mission suits, preparing for a mission.

"Okay, your mission supplies are packed, the schematics have been uploaded into Chase's chip, and your transport is on the way. Did I forget anything?" Davenport asks.

"No," Bree says. "We'll just guess what the mission is and see how it all plays out." Adam and Chase laugh.

"Alright," Davenport says, rolling his eyes. "A particle collider is a three-mile-long underground facility where scientists –"

"Race subatomic particles at each other at light speed for energy experiments," Chase finishes before him and Davenport starts to giggle. "So cool."

"I know!"

"There is a particle collider in Berkeley that is accelerating out of control, and your mission is to shut it down."

"Oh ho! Awesome!" Adam exclaims. "I hope one of us knows how to do that."

"Okay. We have to act quickly. The scientists that operate the facility –" He moves Leo, "have already evacuated the control center, and if we don't shut it down in time, it will create a massive black hole that will impose the entire planet."

"Today?!" Leo and Harley exclaim, giving each other a look.

"No, it's not gonna work. Today is Shelly Evans' birthday, and her mom makes the best cupcakes!" Leo says and everyone turns to give him a look.

"That woman doesn't skimp on the sprinkles," Harley adds.

"Don't worry, Leo, Harley, you will get your cupcakes," Davenport reassures. "Adam, Bree, and Chase have all the training they need to shut the collider down."

"I don't know, Big D. I think these guys are gonna need some..." Leo raises his hands in the air. "Back-up!" He sang.

"Yeah, and that's why you're gonna be back up!" Davenport sang as Leo had done. "Here in the lab with me and Harley."

"Oh, he said 'backup' and you said 'backup'." Adam says and the others gave him a look. "Saying things twice makes it funny! Oh! Saying things twice makes it fun –"

"Stop it!" Davenport yells.

Suddenly there was a flash and they could hear two voices screaming as some scooter-type thing flew out of thin air and landed on the floor of the lab. Everyone screamed and hid behind each other. Bree and Harley hid together as Adam jumped into Chase's arms.

"Nobody panic!" Davenport yells over the noise. "Probably just the cable guy."

"Too late for that!" Harley yells.

"Come on, Big D!" The guy says. "We just came from seven years in the future. Your time machine actually worked! It's us! Leo and Harley!" He and the girl points at Leo and Harley and they gasped.

"Woah!" Adam exclaims. "The cable guy's got the same name as Leo! And this woman has the same name as Harley!"

"Wait," Leo says, slowly stepping towards his older self, Harley right behind him. "If you're really me, then you'd know the handshake I came up with in case I ever became a spy."

"Requesting authentication Double O-Leo." Older Leo says. The two started to do a handshake and both Harley and Older Harley smiles.

Once they finished, Leo jumped for joy. "It really is me!"

Harley walks up to the older her. "How do I know you're really me?"

"Because only the two of us know about our scar."