First Day

Luz's Pov:

*ERR ERR ERR*
I was awoken from my sleep and quickly pressed the snooze button. I looked over to see the time "ughh" It was 6:45, I slept in a little, I rushed to my closet threw on some clothes then brushed my teeth and headed downstairs.
"Luz! your gonna be late on your first day and you haven't ate breakfast" my foster mom explained "I know mom I'll just take a banana and my lunch" I grabbed the banana and took my sack of lunch and headed out the door. One thing people usually don't know about me is that I'm adopted, my foster mom Eda, adopted me when I was 4. I didn't know what happen to my parents but they never bothered to get in contact with me so neither did I.

After I shoved my lunch in my back pack I ate my banana and made my way to my new school.

It wasn't far from my house just about a block away but I speed walked over just to make sure I wasn't late. I had finished my banana when I arrived and threw it away in a near by trash can. I was kinda nervous for school my last school wasn't the best but it also wasn't the worst, I just hope this one will be better. I walked in through the huge two doors in front of the school and made my way through the hall looking for the principals office. As I walked I felt everyone eyes on me. This day already started off awful.

I finally found the office and knocked politely waiting for a response. Finally after a couple moments the door finally opened up and I looked up to see a pale man probably in his 60s or 70s. "Hello there, you must be the new student!" He smiled and opened the door wider and motioned for me to come in, I walked in and sat down in a chair in front of his desk "welcome to Hexside! I'm principal Bump, Here's ur schedule and you'll find your first class the second door to your right" he handed me my schedule and I thanked him before standing up and heading to the door.

Before I opened the door he called out behind me "oh! And if you need anything just ask me!" I nodded my head and walked out.

There wasn't any lockers so I had to walk around with my backpack. I found the classroom which was already opened and walked through the door, there was only one other girl in the class she had glasses and short hair neck length that was a dark green. I walked over and sat in the back. She must've heard me sit down cause she was startled a little and turned around "o- oh! Um hi I uh haven't seen you around are you new?" She had turned her head around and was now looking at me "yes, hi I'm Luz Nuceda whats ur name?" She smiled a bit before responding "I'm Willow, nice to meet you". I nodded my head and began taking out dome stuff from my backpack.

After a couple minutes some more students walked in and before the class was full Willow turned around one more time "hey uh I don't have many friends and your new so if you want to you can hang out with me and my friend Gus at lunch today" I was surprised by her act of kindness but also really relieved since it would be easier now to make friends "thanks! I'd love too" she smiled again and turned around

(Time skip)

After class I packed everything up and headed to my next class but before I could Willow stopped me in my tracks "hey! Okay so meet me in the cafeteria at lunch, I'll be in the corner with my friend Gus" I nodded and gave her smile then walked out.

(Time skip to lunch)

I went through most of my classes by sitting in the back and not talking to anyone. Willow wasn't in any of my other classes so I had no one to talk to, but now it was lunch and I was starving. I walked through a huge door leading to the cafeteria and looked around for Willow and her mystery friend Gus.

I finally spotted Willow and turned to the boy next to her who was waving at me, he seemed nice, he had brown curly hair and brown eyes and was a little shorter then Willow and I.

I walked over and sat down next to Willow "Hi! I'm Gus, nice to meet you! We don't have many friends but welcome to the group!" I laughed a little at his enthusiasm "Thanks Gus, Im Luz nice to meet you too" As we sat and ate lunch we began talking about our favorite things such as books, foods, and places. After lunch and said goodbye to Willow and Gus and made my way to my last class.

I arrived at my last class which was English and sat down in the back like I did for the rest of my classes. After a while the class was filled except for a seat next to me which I didn't mind. The class begun and our teacher Mrs. Lilith began introducing herself, as she talked there was a knock on the door and Lilith made her way over. When she opened the door there was a girl, she was quite pale but had completely clear skin and green hair that was lighter then Willows. "Srry Mrs. Lilith I was just talking to Mr. Bump about my classes" Mrs. Lilith smiled and greeted her and let her in "that's quite alright Amity, you can take the last seat next to Luz" she pointed at me and the girl looked over.

She walked over and sat next to me. When she did she looked over at me and gave me a disgusted look which was not what I expected.
"Um did I do something for that look?" I asked, she looked over again and said "you must be new so yes, you did." She snarled, That was the last thing she said before Turing her attention back to the teacher and ignoring me for the rest of the class.

I thought today was going better since I made friends but Amity gave me a bad feeling and I didn't like where this was going.