Coming out

Luz's Pov:

After the amazing day I had yesterday I realized something, I didn't want to hide this from my mom and I know she'll understand and support me so why not tell her. I figured that I'd tell her today at dinner but for now I was going to the mall with Willow and Gus.

"Hey mom!" I shouted running down the stairs, "yes Luz what is it this time?" She asked.

"Well you said you'd drive me to the mall to meet up with Willow and Gus the other day so can we go now?" She nodded and and filled King's bowl before grabbing her keys and following me out of them house.

We got in and she started her safety speech "alright Luz remember anything happens call me" she said, "yes mom ik" I sighed.

We finally arrived and I jumped off the car "thanks! Cya" I slammed the door a little to hard and turned around to give her an apologetic smile she just glared at me and drove off "Luz! U made it" I turned around to see Gus and Willow jogging towards me "hey guys! Ready to go shopping? I want to buy myself some new pants since King ruined the other ones. They nodded and we made our way to the entrance of the mall.

We walked around a couple stores for a while when Gus complained about being hungry so we walked to the lower area to Panda Express. We ordered our food and began eating "so Luz you said you were gonna tell your mom today, did you?" Willow asked, "no not yet I'm planning on doing it at dinner" They both nodded and continued eating "but I'm still thinking on how I should do it you know?" I said they both stopped eating and looked up towards me "well what are u planning to say so far?" Gus asked putting his fork down "well what if I just start off by telling her I've met someone and then continue with idk something like 'but it's a she'" I was starting to get nervous and idk why maybe coming out should be more interesting idk maybe something to remember?

"Ugh is that not good?! Is it too plain?!" I asked freaking out. Gus shook his head "no no no Luz that's perfectly fine it doesn't matter how u say it all that matters is how they respond and I'm sure her response will be great and that's what ur gonna remember" I calmed down a bit and continued eating.

After we ate we went to a couple more stores before we all called our parents to pick us up, before we went our ways I spoke "hey Gus?" He turned around from where he was heading "thanks I know what matters now" he gave me a smile and waved.

I was the last one to get picked up but I didn't mind it, it gave me time to think a little more. My mom finally came and we headed home.

"So Luz how was the mall?" Eda asked me while entering the house, "it was great mom thanks for letting me go" she nodded and walked over to the kitchen "Alright I left the lasagna cooking it should be done any minute now" I sat down on the table and prepared myself for what I was going to say "alright here you go" Eda said putting a plate down in front of me causing me to snap back from my thoughts. "Oh um thanks" I responded

She sat down in front of me and started eating while I sat there too nervous to eat "um Luz? You okay?" She asked raising and eyebrow, "I'm fine" I said but she didn't believe it "no you aren't what's wrong you look a little scared?" The truth was I was scared but i didn't know why, I know she's gonna take it well and support me in who I am but for some reason I was still scared and nervous. "Ok well I have to tell you something" she was now giving me her full attention and stopped eating "okay what is it? Don't tell me you ROBBED SOMETHING! I mean I always taught you not to be a goody shoes but I didn't want you to do this!" She said causing me to chuckle "no no it's not that" I reassured her "it's just that I've found someone" her eyes widened "WHO IS HE?What's his name?!" She asked screaming, "No!" I yelled calming her down "what do you mean no? I asked for his name" she looked confused and I thought for a minute trying to get my words together "I've met someone and they're everything I'd want and I really like them but..."

"But?" She asked, "but SHE'S not a boy..." I looked down a little nervous to look up. "Oh- sweetie I didn't mean to offend you that's great! I'm glad you like someone and I don't care who they are, I'm sorry I assumed it was a he" she rambled, I finally had the courage to look up but when I did I felt tears rush to my eyes, her eyes widened again and she stood up rushing to my side "don't cry this doesn't change anything!" She said but these tears were tears of joy.

She gave me a huge hug and I whispered "thank you so much" hugging her tighter when King ran up to us too "I'm glad you told me! Now who is this lucky girl?" She asked me going back to her seat "well it's Amity actually" she looked surprised but then smiled "that's great honey I can't wait to meet her, when will you be inviting her to dinner with us?" I hadn't thought that far ahead but I was sure dinner would be great with all of us "soon, I'll ask her"

Tomorrow I was actually going on a date with Amity she invited me over to her house since her parents were out again and she said we could cook something and watch a movie which I was really excited to do. Now I wondered how would Amity's Family respond to this?
———————————————————————
Please read |

Idk if I did well on her coming out cause I'm still in the closet but this story will be a little longer then I said. Also I wrote a really long one shot about Grom about Luz and Amity so idk if you want me to publish it I will.