22: "What are you doing here?"

Annabeth was sure her share of things 'going wrong' had ended. Practice was smooth. Dinner was drama less. She never saw Malcom after the birthday celebrations. She was having fun.

So yes, things got better from here.

Right?

After dinner, Annabeth took the first step towards the staircase when Miss. Willow stopped her.

"Lady Annabeth, do you have a pass?"

"Uh... Percy told us to meet up at 7."

"Do you have a pass?"

"No."

"Then no."

She sighed and reached over to Willow's desk to use the common landline to call Jason. Technically the Selected weren't allowed phones so she obviously couldn't use her own in front of Miss. Willow.

Percy didn't have a phone. All his communications were done through the servers or his guards. It is not that he didn't want to have a phone but the number of spam messages and calls to him was just too much. Annabeth didn't really want the details. He had tried to switch numbers every 6 months once and keep it but eventually got tired of it. Now, he used a laptop strictly coded for work purposes only.

He was the Prince and he couldn't do something as normal as chatting.

By the way, i

f you're wondering if Selected aren't given phone permissions because they're Selected and aren't supposed to chat/talk/interact with guys who aren't the Prince then you're not wrong but that's not the only reason. Being inside the palace gave them extra access to sensitive information which otherwise isn't released to public, that's why.

That said, they weren't frisked every morning or night or scolded much for having a phone. They just couldn't communicate to the press or other outside sources

unless it's family.

A few rings passed and Jason picked up. "Yeah?" He said.

"I need a pass to go to the 3rd floor."

"Oh." He shuffled around with something for a while. "Tell Willow to check her system."

She turned to Miss. Willow, "Can you check your system?"

Miss Willow took out her iPad and Annabeth heard the notification. The robotic voice said, "Mr. Prince says wise girl has permission for the day." The robotic voice clicked its non-existent tongue disapprovingly. "Note the grammatical error. I think he meant THE wise girl has permission for the day. Chatting has made everyone forget basic English."

Annabeth tried not to laugh at Willow as she climbed up the stairs and came face to face with Luke.

Again.

"This boy is on fire."

Luke and the other guard looked at each other. The other guard said, "The Prince hasn't notified us of any guests."

"Is he inside?" She asked.

"Miss, we can't say th-"

Luke said. "No, he isn't."

"Then I can use biometrics. Alexa, give me the biometrics panel." She shouted the last part.

The panel to her right turned blue and she reached over to put her right hand over it. The door automatically opened and a girl robotic voice said, "What's up Annie?"

The guards didn't stop her. She entered the room. "Stop calling me Annie!"

Percy took his time coming back. Annabeth sat on the sofa after bringing out the games and snacks. She threw it all on the mattress. Then, she heard voices from outside. (Note, room was only one-way sound-proof.) Thinking that it was probably someone else trying to get in but having forgotten the password, she went to the bed and tapped the buttons on its right to open the door.