30: Saved our lives.

SEE THE ABOVE PICTURE THEN SCROLL DOWN.

I know it doesn't look like much but I spent four hours straight doing that. (And the entire day learning how to.) I used the same basic picture that I had for the story previously because where else do you get one raven haired guy and one blond haired girl in formals, in a palace like environment, hugging and that too without actually showing their faces - for a second time?

I don't know. If you know, please tell me and I might change the cover.

P.S. I purposely didn't want a picture of a kiss because I felt this was more appropriate, adorable and highlighted their friendship perfectly.

Fun fact: The "Percabeth Selection" part alone has like 5 filters each because - have you seen those colours and gold shadows and stuff? Of course, since this is my first time trying to edit something properly, it didn't turn out very good and I kept making mistakes which cost me 15 minutes of screen tapping every time because I didn't know how to handle it.

Also, have you noticed the green/blue in the font? There is supposed to be a grey too but I guess it got lost with all those mumbo jumbo mixed up editing.

Thank you for hearing to my ranting, assuming you did. Go on! I know you're all eager for this chapter.

......

Percy knew for sure that Annabeth was doing the exact opposite of what he told her to do. If almost injuring two girls during pre-finals wasn't indication enough, then restraining two more till they used their safe words in the finals was definitely a sign.

Annabeth was too harsh on the girls.

He thought it would irritate him when she rolled her eyes at him and openly disobeyed a fairly fair rule but truth be told... there was something about a girl fighting for you that was satisfying.

They were in the 10-minute break between (hopefully) the final match of the day. Percy was pretty sure Annabeth would win and take home three wins and a title (however insignificant.) Pfft, she had fought guards and defeated them. The girls were no match for her.

Tyson took out his phone and turned back to Rachel. "What about checkers then? Come on. One game."

Rachel sighed and nodded. Percy, not having anything else to do, leaned over to see the game. He put one arm around Rachel's chair without touching her and crossed his legs. Rachel did an okay move but unfortunate for her, Tyson was a good player.

Tyson grinned as Rachel tried to touch a piece. Percy wasn't ready to give his brother the satisfaction. He softly moved Rachel's hand and did another move.

Rachel shrugged. "That wasn't bad."

"Hey!" Said Tyson. "That is cheating. Only one person plays!"

Sally asked. "Where is your sister?"

Tyson pointed to where the Selected were sitting. "She didn't want to leave. I couldn't stay." He looked at Percy. "Too much talk about you." Tyson gagged.

Rachel laughed.

Percy hit him playfully and focused back to the game. "Hello? My Selection." He hoped Rachel didn't notice that he had shifted his hands to her shoulder.