17 (2)

4 years later.

Seoul, Korea.

A car comes into a halt on a reserved parking lot. The shiny metallic black car roars before closing its engine. Spring has come in Seoul, the beautiful flowers had bloom perfectly, the chilling air has shuddered everyone's warm bodies as they covered themselves with long coats.

She, who has left for good. Left to change to become a better person. Has finally achieved, her appearance has drastically change, more mature and delicate. Her shoulder-length browned hair grown longer with little curls at the end.

Light brown blouses tucked with her cropped trousers and a beige coat to complete the look. Her aura, her fits, her taste of styles has changed. Everything on her changed except one that still remains even after 4 years.

Her love for Park Seonghwa.

After her mental self has stable after thousands of medication and therapy, his features had never and never left on her mind. As if he cast a spell on her to be on her mind all-day. Thus, she knew she left everything behind, she couldn't help but to reminisce the memories.

She wanted to go home. She wanted to go back to him. She wanted to explain to them why she left four years ago but then she was nothing but someone they really hate. She knows that even she came back will everyone welcome her? Hongjoong might be, but then she left without telling him too.

Hongjoong might hate her now, she reminds herself whenever the thoughts came back.

She will come back, when the time says so.

-

"Why do you always come so early?" said Nurse Jang in annoyed tone while staring at her. Hyurin chuckles lightly before placing her files on the counter, "You know how much I love being punctual"

"Yeah but you always came 30 minutes before the actual time" Nurse Jang retorts back before taking her medical files and does the attendance check on their system. Hyurin smiles at her as she waits for her roommate and also her attendant nurse.

When hyurin left to Seoul, she stayed in a rental apartment and happens to be roommate with Jang Yeeun, who was coincidentally the nurse at the hospital that she was going to seek help. She was a bit hesitant to have friends after the former events, but yeeun has helped her in many ways.

Even about him.

She doesn't know how long she had her heads in the cloud but she was startled when a recognizable man taps her shoulder, she turns her body to face a tall guy with dimples shown at the corner of his lips. "Byungchan!" she chimes before hugging the man, which he immediately hugs back with the smile still playing on his lips.

She removes herself and byungchan pats her hair softly, "hey hyu" he said in the softest tone before giving his file to Yeeun. A frustrated sigh was heard from the counter as both hyurin and byungchan stares at yeeun with a confused look.

"both of you are always 30 minutes early! Listen, I'm single here!" she said before the both of them burst into laughs. "We're not even a couple?" hyurin said and looks at byungchan who still had a smile on him. His smile might melt everyone but for someone like hyurin, it was hard.

She met Byungchan when they were having a therapy together but it was a coincidence. Byungchan had a miserable life and it almost led him to death but hyurin happens to met him before he did so. She promised him that she'll help him no matter what and even though hyurin was nothing but a stranger to him, he happens to trust her.

So, he did. He did get medication, get therapy with her.

"okay lovebirds, get in. Doctor Kim is waiting for you both," yeeun said before stood up and proceeds to open the door for them. Hyurin enters first while giving playful kissing noises to yeeun as yeeun puts on a disgusted look. Byungchan follows behind her and gives a wink to yeeun.

Yeeun shakes her head in disbelief and closes the door behind her after they went in.

-

Jinju, Korea

"how many times do I have to tell you?! 2 spoons of sugar! Not 1! It's a simple instruction and recipe!" a man shouts at his employee as the person who got scolded hangs his head down, feeling stupid for his mistake.

The female laughs at her fiancé who looks like he was about to be explode in no time, "give the poor boy mercy, joong. It's only the 2nd  mistake, let it go" she said while counting the cash. Hongjoong turns to her with an irritated look, "And from that 2nd mistake, he should have learnt it by now, Nara!" he adds.

Nara laughs at him as hongjoong demands for the employee to go back to work and warns him if he did it again, he'd be fired without hesitation. The worker runs back in fear to his place and starts working.

Hongjoong rubs his temple before sitting on one of the tables at his owned-café. Nara placed back the counted money and went to him. Hongjoong had his head down on the table, maybe regretting his life choices. Nara rubs his back gently before giving comforting words to him. He lifts his head up and mutters a thank you to her.

After her disappearance, hongjoong had a hard time with himself. As for nara, had a hard time to move on from seonghwa. It was completely aware both of them to move on that fast but they had to. Letting go is better than holding on.

"It's lunch time, where's seonghwa?" nara asked as hongjoong finally realized it was already noon. Seonghwa will come by every day at his café to eat his favorite strawberry cake and hot latte but today, maybe he is late.

And speaking of the devil, a bell on the door chimes and revealing a man in a black suit as his ash grey haired stands out giving its outstanding look. The man removes his shades and hangs it between his tie, if in a drama, you might see thousand of effects already and ladies might drool over him.

However, this is reality. Even if he enters with his intimidating aura, all the customers there minding their own business, only hongjoong and nara focus on him. When seonghwa gets closer to them, hongjoong could only scoff at his cocky attitude, "Stop coming here and act like those rich boys in k-dramas, it's quite annoying" hongjoong complain as seonghwa took a seat next to him.

Nara shook her head at hongjoong before taking order for seonghwa. Seonghwa would usually either wants for strawberry cake and hot latte but today, he ordered chocolate croissant and strawberry milkshake.

Hongjoong's body stiffened when he heard his orders, it was her favorite pastry and drink whenever they went to a café or bakeries. Unknowingly, hongjoong felt like him and her were destiny even if they were separated from each other for years.

"what's with the sudden change of usual order?" hongjoong asked as seonghwa lifts both of his shoulder, "my tongue wants something new" he replied. Hongjoong nodded and plays with seonghwa's hand. Seonghwa was taken aback but lets him anyway.

Nara finally came with pastries and drink on both of her hands before placing it in-front of him. Seonghwa's cold look has changed into soft, his eyes sparkles when he saw the strawberry milkshake and his mouth waters at the chocolate croissant. He mutters a thank you before digging in, he moaned at the delicious food.

"how's work?" hongjoong asked when seonghwa finish his meal and wipes his mouth. "As usual, no peace and piles of work. You know how my dad is," he answers as hongjoong nodded.

As the son on a successful company is hard for someone like Seonghwa, he wasn't the CEO but he had to handle many things since his father was now sick. Lately, it stresses him out that he almost forgot to went home.

When she left, seonghwa had shut himself on any love related. He was deeply hurt, the wound on his heart has never left. Nonetheless, he still loves her and wishes for her to come back.