21(2)

Guilt and regret.

Emotions that jongho currently felt. Day by day, years had passed and how he really wants to tell him but he'll broke his promise with her. however, seeing how seonghwa acts so different after she left really made jongho regret for not telling him the truth.

Night has fallen and now here he is, standing in-front of seonghwa house. Contemplating whether to ring the bell and tell him or leave without telling him but guilt would eat him up. He closed his eyes and puffing out a sigh. "it's now or never," he whispered and finally, he rang the doorbell.

He mentally said sorry to her multiple times on his head as both of his hands starts to sweat. Nervous and scared, he wasn't that close to seonghwa except if its occasional. Thus, both of them still love each other like brothers.

The door opens and revealed a woman in their 50s and jongho smiled upon seeing her before bowing to her respectfully, "good evening Mrs. Park. I'm sorry for coming so late but is seonghwa home?" he asked as the woman smiled before nodding, "I'll call him for you. Please come in"

Jongho shook his head rapidly saying its fine and he would like to see him outside since it's a private talk. The elderly woman smiled innocently before calling her son. Seonghwa who was laying on his bed startled by the knocking door followed by his mother telling him there's someone waiting for him.

With a soft grumbled as he utters a small curse under his breath for ruining his sleep. He shouts an Okay! To his mom and stood up. He looks at himself on the mirror and scrunches his nose as he did so.

Eye bags were visible, his nightwear is a mess and his hair look like a nest.

Seonghwa finally gives up on looking good for this 'someone' and goes down to meet in a hurry. He smiled softly upon seeing his mother on the couch as she smiles back before holding his hand for a few seconds. Her heart feels warm seeing how her son has grown into a mature man.

"seonghwa, as your mother, I respect your decisions on whatever event is. For the past few days, your father has been asking me to persuade you about the marriage proposal..." seonghwa felt his head dropped when his mother speaks as he felt her rubs her hands on him.

"but I know how much you love her. I have faith that she'll come back. Sooner than you think. So please, seonghwa.." she trails off and seonghwa lift his head up upon hearing his name, stares into his mothers' eye that reflects himself.

"don't give up so easily. Don't let your fathers word gets you. Find her, chase her, make her yours" she smiled and brings her hand up to seonghwas' cheek and rubs softly against it.

With his mothers' advice, he felt the spirit inside him sparks as if he was back alive. He nods with a smile tugs at the corner of his lips. He then, proceed removing himself from his mother touch and went out to greet the 'stranger'

Jongho had both of his hand on his jeans pockets as he shudders how cold the night was and stupid of him for not bringing a jacket. an opened door causes him to look directly at it as seonghwa appears.

Both of them made eye contact, frozen on their spots. Seonghwa was astonished when he saw him, however jongho's mind went static as if he came here without any intention. Seonghwa closes the door behind him and walks to jongho.

"this is so awkward. Why did you come so late?" seonghwa ask and went to his side. Jongho bits his inner cheek while swaying his body side to side. As he lets out a short sigh, jongho begins, "I was there when she left"

Seonghwa could feel his surroundings stopped in time, thumping sounds from his chest could be heard, leaving the said man speechless. Jongho felt the burden on his shoulders lifted off, not daring to look at seonghwa in the eyes.

Why did I agree to this, what a smart move, Jongho. As he was about to speak, seonghwa beats him to it and his tone was somehow mad but intense, "why didn't you tell us?". Jongho knew he would ask that question and eventually he replied, "she tells me not to. It was hard for me to refrain myself from telling but I had to...I'm sorry"

Jongho's head drooped down, seonghwa's balls up his fist as he tries to remain calm. He clears his throat, "still...why after 4 years? why, why do you tell me this when I was at the peak of losing my sanity?" he desperately questions the younger man, his hands trembled as jongho could swore he heard sobs from the older.

"...because I had a feeling that she's coming back. Sooner than now."

--

Night

"so...what's your plan now?" yeeun asked before laid herself on the bed.

After the arrival, they stayed at the nearest and the cheapest motel since the three of them needs to save money after all. Hyurin puts their last bag next to the bathroom and heaves out a tired sigh, "we'll rest" she said, bluntly and yeeun scoffs at her before throwing a pillow to her but hyurin successfully avoids and catches it instead.

"of course, we ARE resting tonight, what I mean is your plan for tomorrow?" she asked once again with more details. Hyurin puts a tight smile and sits at the edge of her bed. Her mind running through every corner on her head.

Going to him? But I don't know where he is...does he even stay at the same house ?

Go to hongjoong? Will he even welcome me?

Call jongho? but I lost contact.

"I don't know..." she whispered but yeeun was fast, her mouth agapes in disbelief, "Are you being serious right now?". hyurin nodded slowly and yeeun throws her hand up, "you know what, you need rest. You're not being you right now. we'll just figure it out tomorrow" she said before going to the bathroom.

Hyurin smiled sheepishly at her before she could hear the bathroom door locked.

She took out her phone from her pocket and to see few messages and missed calls from byungchan. This boy and his worrisome, he should be worrying about himself since he's sleeping alone, she mutters under her breath before calling him.

Not long after she called, he answers immediately. "byungchan I'm fine. Don't worry." She reassured him instantly. A relief sigh could be heard, "how could I not be worried? You know how this brings back hurtful memories..."

She smiled, now that he said it, hurtful memories replayed on her mind but she cuts it off. "anyways, what about you? Are you okay being alone? Do you want me to send yeeun to accompany you?" she playfully said causing byungchan to choke on his saliva.

"No thank you, that girl is a living nightmare." Both of them share laughs after that. Hyurin then bid a good night to him and the boy said it back.

After the call ended and at the same time yeeun came out from the bathroom. "what's with the sly smile. Did byungchan called?" she asked while drying her hair. Hyurin stood up and grabbed her towel she walked pass yeeun who was rummaging through her suitcase and smiled at her.

"Nothing, just seonghwa living on my mind"

A/N:
im in my missing hwa hours so i updated :((

A/N: im in my missing hwa hours so i updated :((