18(2)

"you still kept those?"

Hongjoong asked when he saw the polaroid on seonghwa's casing. Seonghwa glances at him, confused but when hongjoong points to it, he lets out an 'ah!' and nod. "of course, although it's just a picture of me smiling, the person who capture this means so much to me" he explains before wiping his mouth with a napkin.

Seonghwa grabs his phone and take a longer look at the polaroid, he somehow feels connected with her through it. His heart clenched on the day she left them, without any explanation. 'till this day, he still blames himself for her departure although other say he wasn't.

Deep down, seonghwa, even after 4 years, he has always blame himself and waits for her. Her departure had cause him to be cold-hearted, heartless and even merciless. His mouths that lets out nothing but venom causing everyone to be frightened of him.

However, his intimidating aura vanished whenever he's with the closest one. He's the complete opposite with them, he'll hug them so sudden and even gives kiss their cheeks.

One time, he came back to their shared apartment after a long day at work. When he spots Wooyoung and Yunho at the couch, he immediately took of his blazer and ran next to yunho. The poor boy who did nothing gets squashed by the older with tight hugs. Wooyoung leaves immediately when he saw yunho with pleading eyes while mouthing 'help'.

Poor yunho and his wailing.

-

"the croissant was delicious I should order it again," seonghwa compliments as he gave the cashier his card. Hongjoong who was next to him rolled his eyes upon hearing him, "you said that as if you're not coming back tomorrow"

Seonghwa laughs at him before taking back his card, "so you don't want me to come tomorrow?" he asked with a sad pout. Hongjoong hits his forearm and seonghwa lets out a playful groan, "You're my regular customer, without your handsome features, no customer would even come in," seonghwa placed a hand on his chest, offended.

"so, you're using me as a clout? What a good friend you are, hongjoong.." seonghwa faked a cry as he wipes his invisible tears

"such a drama queen" hongjoong whispers under his breath before chasing seonghwa out playfully. Seonghwa glares at him before wearing his shades as he bid them goodbye.

And with that, he walks to the building with a heavy heart as he clenches his phone case.

-

She plopped herself on the queen-sized bed, closing her eyes as relaxation runs on her body. Tiredness and wanting to sleep is the only thing she wanted to do right now but it doesn't last long when she heard her roommate came in.

Yeeun smiles at her as she hangs her bag on the rack. "it's late, why aren't you sleeping?" she says as she took off her coat and throws it on the laundry bag. Hyurin just give her a sad smile as she gazes down.

"I can't sleep, you know how well about my insomnia though," hyurin blurted out and yeeun nodded, agree at her statement. Everything was perfect already, her physical and mental condition were stable but her insomnia was torturing her.

Every night, when her lids couldn't fall, she couldn't help but to think that this is what she deserves for leaving without telling them especially him and hongjoong. Sometimes, the thoughts will lead to tears.

Yeeun notices her sudden change at night and as her attend nurse, she sits next to her and gently hold her hands. "I think it's time for you to go back and explain to them," she softly speaks and it was enough to make Hyurin bursts into tears.

She brought herself to yeeun's shoulder while hugging her small figure. Hyurin's tears flowing through yeeun's work clothes but she didn't care but let her cry more. Yeeun softly strokes her hair and gives her comforting words.

"I'm tired of pretending to be okay. I want to see him, I miss him so much that every night he haunts my mind and even on my dream. I hate that everything reminds me of him. I tried, tried moving on. I thought if I met byungchan, I'll forget about him but it was the opposite. I want-"

Her words were cut off by her sobs and yeeun advices her just to cry and not to speak since it'll hurt more. And hyurin follows her words, she cried her whole heart about the guy who she truly loves.

They stayed in the same position for 10 minutes straight as her eyes were already puffy and dry due to the tears. Finally, they remove themselves from each other embrace as hyurin express her gratitude towards her.

As hyurin stood, walking towards to the bathroom, yeeun stops her. "Hey hyurin..."

She turns to face her only when her eyes grew wide when she saw on yeeun's hand. The phone. the phone that hasn't been held for 4 years. when she left to Seoul, the phone was turned off, she cut ties with everyone on that phone.

But now, seeing the phone back makes her heart heavy. The phone which held thousand of memories. Her last call was jongho and last text was Hongjoong.

"it's time for you to open it. 4 years had passed, you can't just stay hidden here, hyurin. They sure are missing you too..." she plead and takes my hand as she puts the phone above it. Then, she pats my shoulder before leaving the room.

Hyurin grips the small object as tears flow through her cheeks. She placed the phone back to its original place before going to the bathroom.

-

Seonghwa stirs himself on his bed, eyes wide awake as he stares at the shiny moon outside of his window. He lets out a deep sigh and sits up, stretches both of his arm. His eyes darted at the clock on his night table.

'01:04am'

He groaned when he saw the time and leans back on his bed. He had work later but his eyes didn't allow him to sleep. He even tried listening to sweet lullabies and even any asmr to make him fall asleep but invalid.

He suddenly has the thought of when you can't sleep it means that someone is thinking of you or currently missing you.

Seonghwa shakes his head playfully, "who in the hell would think of me at 1am.." but he spoke too soon when his mind pictures her. Her face and her smiles that plays on her lips. Seonghwa lets out a sad sigh but he could feel his heart breaks.

And eventually, he cried.

"I missed you so dearly, hyurin. Where are you..."

The whole midnight was full with him crying about his yearning for her and without realizing, his eyes drooped and sleeps as his tears stained on his cheeks.

-

A/N:

Thank you for 1K readers! Thank you for loving this book although it doesn't make any sense lmao hehe