Chapterish 30

We're back at his bachelor pad and I can feel the electricity mounting between us. Two steps out of the elevator and Brooks is undoing the zipper on my back, pulling my dress down my torso. I wonder how many dress shirts he's ruined by ignoring the buttons, preferring to instead rip it open.

I drop my clutch on the marble countertop and kick off my heels at the foot of the stairs. Brooks swings me over his shoulder and takes the stairs two at a time, dropping me only once he reaches the bed.

Brooks slides his pants and he falls out into full view. My body is already so excited I'm basically aching. I wait patiently as Brooks crawls on top of me. I can feel the warmth of his mouth on my inner thighs, teasing me. He lifts his head, leaving a trail of lingering kisses all the way up my abs. My back arches as he pushes himself between my legs and a small gasp of relief escapes my lips.

I let my hands glide around his shoulder and down to the small of his back. My legs are wrapped around his waist, my hips lifting into his with each thrust.

I'm aware of nothing besides us.

Well I'm aware of my moaning and his heavy breathing and the taste of sweat on his skin. My fingers fist in his shaggy hair and he presses deeper into me.

Brooks's hand reaches beneath my waist to the small of my back. He pulls me around from the side, rolling over until I cam on top of him.

My eyes flicker open and I wake to a sweet soreness between my thighs. Low light on the angular ceiling tells me that it's still nighttime. Brooks is watching me from the side of the bed, a smirk settled on his face.

"That was much better than flowers," I tease.

"Ah, speaking of," Brooks starts, turning behind him and grabbing something from the bedside table. "For you."

He hands me an origami rose flower folded from a piece of magazine paper.

I hold it gently, twirling it between my fingers. "Love it."

I stretch in his bed and wonder what time it is. I pull the covers up over my bare chest as I sit up, searching for my phone. It's no use. I know it's in my clutch, which I dropped sometime after the elevator.

"What time's it?" I ask, yawning.

"Two something," Brooks says. "Hungry?"

My stomach growls viciously and he raises his eyebrows.

"Hungry?"

"Mhm." I nod. Regretting not getting an oversized plastic box of chocolates right about now. "Post romp snack please."

"I'll get the snack. You pick the music," Brooks says, tossing me his phone. "There's a speaker out there. Already connected to Bluetooth."

I look where Brooks is pointing –to the open floor space outside his partitioned bedroom. There's a beanie-bag lounge looking cushion and a gray couch surrounding a small coffee table.

Brooks is already descending the stairs by the time I get myself up and over to the sofa. I hit the power button on the speaker and then realize that I have Brooks's unlocked phone in my hand.

Who keeps their phone unlocked? Like I don't have anything to hide and I still lock my phone.

Fuck that little photos icon is tempting me.

I open his streaming app and scroll through his recent playlists trying to find something more poppy. I finally pick a new Jo-Bro song and set his phone down.

I plop onto the beanie cushion and glance around the open loft. I'm surprised to see string-lights hanging haphazardly around the windowpane of his bedroom. I wonder briefly if it's so clean because he tidied up for my visit.

"This song, really?" Brooks says, reaching the top of the stairs and bringing the smell of popcorn with him.

He has a freshly popped bag in one hand and a bottle of whisky in the other. Two things that go together about as well as we do.

"Popcorn and whisky buzz, gimme." I laugh as Brooks tosses the bag at my head. "No glasses?"

"Figured we can share the bottle. It'll be like kissing." Brooks sets the whisky down on the coffee table.

"Big step," I joke.