Chapter 5

Image above is Giovanni Rossi
I do not own the rights to any images/photos in my story.

Leo's POV-

Petal has been here for a over three months now. She has been adjusting very well. All the boys play with her or read to her. Da and I have been planning her birthday party that's coming up in the next month. Petal has been doing well in her online college classes. All around everything is going great. Right now Dad and I are preparing for a meeting with the head of the Italian Mafia, Giovanni Rossi. He's around the same age as I. He wants a peace treaty. He honestly didn't give me much information over the phone. Just asked for a meeting. After we have discussed some things I called Luke into my office.
''You called Leo ?''
''Yeah. I need you to watch Petal for a while, like two hours. Keep her entertained. We have a meeting here with Rossi. I don't want her anywhere near this meeting.''
''I got you man. I'll keep her entertained.''
''Thanks Luke. I'll call you after the meeting so Roman and Richard can come up with you. You can leave Petal with Marcus while we discuss what happened in the meeting.''
''Okay later.''

After some time Rossi showed up with 4 guards. We invited him in the office and started discussing what the peace treaty would imply. An hour into the meeting the door opened and quickly shut. When I saw who came in, my eyes went wide. All the blood drained from my face.

Petal's POV-

Luke came and got me from the kitchen table after snack time and told me we were spending the afternoon together. We walked up the stairs to my playroom. We started with my stuffies. We had a big tea party, we danced and sang songs, and then we started watching tv. I got really bored and asked if we could play hide and seek. LuLu looked at his watch and said for only an hour, then it was nap time. So he started counting and covered his eyes. I ran out of the room up the stairs. I started stopping at some of the doors,but they were locked. I finally came to an unlocked door. Hurrying to close the door so I could hide. I turned around and found daddy, Leo, and Zayn with some men I have never seen before. They all turned to me. Suddenly this man stood up and started talking.
''What do we have here Leo?''
''Um.. this is Petal.'' Leo spoke
''Hello Petal, how are you?''
''I'm okay sir. I'm sorry for running in here. LuLu and I are playing hide and seek. I was trying to find a really really good place. Please don't be mad at me LeeLee or Daddy.'' The same man spoke up again before anyone could.
''No one is upset or mad at you bellissima.( Beautiful ) So.. Petal how old are you?''
'' I'm about to be 18 mister. I only have....21 more days.''
''Babygirl maybe you should go hide somewhere else and if Luke comes I'll say I haven't seen you,ok baby?'' Daddy said.
''Okay love you daddy, Luke and you too ZaZa.'' I ran out of the room, down the hall to an open bedroom door. It looks like daddy's room. I ran in and went straight under the bed. LuLu won't find me here.

Zayn POV-

The room was silent, you could hear a pen drop. I just saw there waiting for someone to speak up. My wish came to, but I wish it didn't. The next words stopped my heart.

''I would like to add the last thing for the agreement Carter. I want Petals hand in marriage.''

''What did you just say Rossi? Because I know damn well that wasn't in your plans before you saw her!'' Yelled Leo
''You can not have my daughters hand'' stated David
''It wasn't a question. If you don't agree to my terms I will have to declare War for the American and Italian Mafias. Is that what you want Carter?''
''Why do you want her hand in marriage Giovanni?'' Leo asked
''Because she's lovely, so adorable. I would like to get to know her. If she doesn't want to be with me then I'll drop it Carter. But I would like to try. Why don't you explain why you have been hiding her and also tell me about her?'' I honestly feel like my world has stopped. I've want Petal since I saw her. I just hope Leo declines his offer,but then again it means War. If I was in his shoes I would honestly think about it. War means a lot. We would lose so much, I couldn't even think I stood up and left the room with a slam of the door.

Giovanni POV-

When I saw my babygirl, I couldn't believe my eyes. Her big bright blue doe eyes, her pink cheeks, her long blonde wavy hair, lastly her smile that could bring any man to his knees. So innocent and pure, to be honest the hand in marriage was not on my list of to discuss this afternoon, but I couldn't help myself. Leo and David shared a look, then nodded.
''It all started 15 years ago. Lauren, my wife said she couldn't handle the Mafia lifestyle anymore,said to be to stress for. She wanted to leave and I could keep the kids. Well the next morning I woke up to screaming and yelling. I followed the yells and screams to Petals room. Inside her room, on her bed, was a note from Lauren saying she couldn't leave without Petal. Leo and I have been looking, for 15 years when we got a call from the a Police Officer in Buford,Wyoming. She had said that my wife Lauren had pasted a way,and Petal needed a guardian. My boys and I rushed to her to find her like how you saw. She acts so much younger then her actually age. Lauren made her stay in the house. She was homeschooled finished at the age of 16, then started online classes for college.''
David said
''She is very young-minded, she still thinks her mother is sleeping, not dead.''
Leo stated
''Well I for one would love to get to know her. If she agrees , I will give it 6 months. In that 6 months at some point when I feel like she is ready I will explain to her about a relationship. If she wishes to be with me we will move forward. That is the last request to for this peace treaty. ''
''It's a deal.'' Leo stood up and raised his hand to seal the deal.
I will have her ,one way or other if it's the last thing I do. I really hope it's peaceful, because Leo and I have been friends for some time. But if it comes down to it. I will make her mine.

Sorry for a short chapter but I will be updating 2 more chapters in the next 24 hours.