two

Taehyung squinted his eyes slightly at the dim room, only having the chick night lamp as the source of light

Taehyung squinted his eyes slightly at the dim room, only having the chick night lamp as the source of light. He looked beside him to find his girl friend wrapped and huddled in a blanket. He smiled at the sight but cursed when he saw the time. He was already late for dinner.

Running out the room and bidding Sooyoung's mom goodbye, he dashed to his house like his life depended on it—well more like his allowance than anything. Before turning the doorknob, he slightly fixed his bed hair and dusted of his jeans, just cause.

He didn't really know who was coming to dinner tonight—personally—but he had hope they were considerate of his tardiness. Finally, he opened the door to be greeted with his mom's glare. He heard her say, "Excuse me for a moment," before dragging her son with her to the kitchen.

"Ow! Mom that hurts!" He cupped his ears, which was red from his mother's pinch.

"Young man, where have you been?" The woman in her late thirties placed her two hands on her hips, raising her eyebrows in the process of interrogating his son.

"I was at Sooyoung's, then I fell asleep." He said, still rubbing his ear lobe.

His mother's eyes softened at the mention of the female. The teen was like the daughter she never had, that and she was also good friends with her mother. The boy knew that his mother's weakness was his bestfriend and everytime it works like a charm—because it was true most of the time.

His mother sighed heavily and looked at him, "Fine, I'll let it slide. But, please next time don't be late. There are some important people at the table."

Taehyung flashed his boxy smile and walked alongside his mother. They talked at the table,except for the two teens, the daughter of his mom's boss and Taehyung wasn't really paying attention, letting the adults dominate the conversation.

"So, I heard Taehyung's already settled for college," He looked up from his plate, the inquiry coming from a middle aged man—probably the boss.

His dad smiled proudly and nodded. Stating Taehyung's achievement to snatch a scholarship at a reputable college. They were currently on the last summer before college, which he got to spend with Sooyoung since they didn't travel this year.

"Has Jennie decided on her school yet?" Taehyung's mom asked, taking a sip of the red wine.

All eyes went to the said female—most of them except Taehyung, who thought nothing more than his bed and pillows. Kim Jennie smiled shyly, glancing at the other teen but her smile slightly dropped when she realised he wasn't paying attention.

"I'm thinking of going to the same college as Taehyung,"