five

The tick of the clock was all Sooyoung could hear as she scanned the area once again

The tick of the clock was all Sooyoung could hear as she scanned the area once again. She checked the time and cursed inwardly. For the nth time she dialed the number.

"Pick up, Kim Taehyung." She mumbled.

She only has two hours to spare before her next lecture and wasting a second was not an option. When the call was unsuccessful once again, she was ready to just go there first. But then, it would really take a lot more time if you commute compared if Taehyung drives.

You're already wasting time, dumbass.

With one final look at her perimeter, she was sure he wasn't anywhere to be found. But there he was—suprisingly—with a girl with him. Sooyoung wasn't the type to get jealous over Tae, never was and probably never will. She just felt a little dissapointed?

"Soo!" His boxy smile came to view as he waved slightly to her. He and the girl went over to Sooyoung's direction.

"We're suppose to be having lunch right now." She said, slightly annoyed.

Taehyung made a face. A face Sooyoung all knew too well. He would make it when he was guilty or sorry—or in shorter terms—he forgot. Just then the girl gesture her arm forward, introducing herself.

"Hi, I'm Irene. You must be Sooyoung?" She only nodded in response.

"About that, can we just go some other time?" Taehyung said.

"Irene and I were friends back in Daegu and have a lot to catch up on. And her mom called, she invited me to have lunch at their house. We can have lunch tomorrow."  He continued, while pouting at his bestfriend.

Sooyoung let the words sink it. It felt like a few seconds of silence have passed. No words coming out from any of them.

"Sure." She smiled brightly at the two.

What could she do? Be selfish because her bestfriend made plans with her first? And take away their reunion? She wasn't that person. But the fact that Taehyung was the one who insisted they'd eat together on the first day in the first place didn't sit right with her.