eight

"Thank you for the wonderful lunch, Mrs

"Thank you for the wonderful lunch, Mrs. Bae. It was delicious. " He said as he let out his famous smile and left the older woman smiling back softly.

They bid their goodbye as the two college students went back to their university. Since Irene was in the far east of the campus, they had split up but not before talking a little bit.

Taehyung then looked at his phone for the time. It was exactly ten minutes before his next lecture starts. He hadn't seen his bestfriend anywhere and figured they would talk when they go home together.

His afternoon seemed to went on much longer than he would like. Every now and then, he looks at his phone, in hopes it would be time to go home and be with Sooyoung.

He wasn't absorbing anything thus far about a single thing the professor was saying. And so— even though it was bad—he opted for just recording the lecture and listen to it at home.

His mind was too distracted and needed closure. Closure for what? That, he doesn't know. Maybe for ditching her and the plans they had made since the start of summer. Or maybe it was simply because he wanted to see her face.

The college hours eventually came to an end and it was time to go home. While he didn't even realize it, Taehyung was smiley and was going through his favorite contacts and finding hers.

He was about to dial her number and ask her where she was but it seemed he wasn't fast enough and was contacted first.

A text. From her. He was anticipating and was ready to tell her about everything that happened with his day and vice versa. He thought she also felt that way but his smile faltered as he read the message.

soo<3:
i'm already home, no need to wait for me