Chapter 7

Was it wrong to be happy?

"You are pun-tang royalty," Jack G. said as they both followed me around the store as I checked our inventory.

It's been like this for the last two weeks. Both of them going on about how amazing I am for having to beautiful women come get me at work. Camila and Lauren both taking turns to meet me for lunch or picking me up after a shift. The Jacks now present at every moment to try and speak to both women, but they each wouldn't give them the light of day before dragging me out of the store. Didn't stop them from bombarding me with questions and comments.

"You gotta tell us how you do it," Jack J. said as I noticed we'd gotten Destiny's Child debut album restocked. Making a note or myself to get a copy myself with my discount later.

"JG you need to sweep and JJ you gotta clean the windows," I told them while turning around with the clipboard in hand, "Work isn't about gossiping." I laughed as I continued making my way down the R&B aisle.

I could hear them mumbling to themselves before the went on to do their tasks. I had to go clean up stairs after this and was dreading it knowing a bunch of kids would just chill up there and leave snack packaging everywhere. Why did we ever decide that the listening stations should be up there along with couches, I'll never know, but I guess it's great to see the youngins taking interest in music and all the music magazines I'd ordered.

"Y/N," spinning on my heel I was met with burning brown eyes and a cheeky smile of my roommate, "Brought lunch for us to enjoy." Dinah smiled as she held up a greasy bag of food and a tray of drinks in the other. I felt my mouth water once I read the name on the bag.

"I'm so happy Jimmy started opening up for lunch," I said as I looked back to my clipboard and then back to my best friend, "I gotta finish this up but you can head upstairs and start eating if you want. I'm almost done."

Dinah pursed her lips as she looked to the upstairs before looking back to me, "I'll leave the food up there but I'll come back down. I wanna check out some things."

"The Writing's On The Wall got restocked-"

"And I am going to play it through your store right now-hold up," Dinah said as she scurried upstairs to leave the food.

I laughed with a shake of my head as I continued down the aisle and then turned into the Rap section. It wasn't long before Dinah came back down next to my side and I could hear something crumpling in her grasp, "You gon' buy one right?"

I furrowed my brow as I checked off something before replying, "Yeah why?" I look over to see Dinah had opened one of the girl group's vinyl and was checking it out, "Dinah Jane." I gasped while she just looked over the booklets that was on the inside, "What if I wasn't gonna buy one?" I asked her while she just shrugged and made her way over to the main sound system that was connected through out the store.

"Then you were still gonna," she laughed as she put it on and the intro started playing. "Now come on hurry I wanna eat my burger."

I clicked my tongue as I continued my work while Dinah walked over. Talking along with the intro in a very bad Godfather impression on her part, "How's work?" I asked her with a roll of my eyes as she quickly busted a move to Hey Ladies.

"Eh, it's been alright. Bunch of white ladies coming in lately saying how they've heard how great the place is and how the word is spreadin' far. This old rich lady tipped me a hundred bucks just cause I kept the conversation going as I gave her a makeover she really needed. Some wild shit," she laughed while she pulled out said hundred dollar bill, "Then Mani came in with her supermodel friends. The whole place got crazier."