Chapter Three

I woke up the next morning with a terrible headache

I woke up the next morning with a terrible headache. Trying to adjust to the light proved to be an impossible task. I squinted to look around, realizing I was completely naked. That's when everything I did—we did—rushed back.

It was like I was having an out-of-body experience. Everything about last night...My words, my actions...my body.

It was a fantasy that I knew Kurt had wanted and honestly, I did enjoy myself. It was definitely different that anything I'd experienced before.

I looked around the room for my clothes, but couldn't find any of them. Wrapping the sheet around my body, I walked into the living room where Kurt was watching football. He was alone.

He leaned up when he saw me peeking over the couch at him. All the heat and desire his eyes held last night was now replaced with the Kurt I was used to seeing. The Kurt that only gave me his undivided attention when we were in bed. But, I really wanted to see him look at me like he did last night.

Kurt was actually a great guy. He opened my doors, bought me flowers...the all-around great boyfriend. But the passion he showed me was only seen in glimpses. Flickers of want. But I saw more than just a flicker last night.

Or maybe it was the remnants of the vodka telling me that. A ton of vodka, also known as my kryptonite.

"Hey honey, your clothes are over there on the table," Kurt said, shaking me from my thoughts. He took my hand and pulled me down on his lap. "Mmmm, but I certainly prefer this look."

He kissed my neck and held me against his bare chest.

"Have you eaten yet?" I asked.

"It's only a little after twelve, and I just ordered a pizza. It should be here within the hour."

I nodded.

"And about last night," he said, causing my cheeks to heat up. "That was more incredible than I imagined it would be."

"I still can't believe I let all that happen," I confessed.

"What do you mean? You didn't want to do that?"

I shook my head. "No, I didn't say that. I was okay with it all, which is what shocked the hell out of me."

He smiled. "You did drink quite a bit beforehand. We both know what a lightweight you are when it comes to the hard stuff."

I looked around for Natalie's clothes, wondering where she was. "Where's Natalie? Did she stay the night?"

"Nah, she left around four this morning, but you were passed out still. She did tell me that anytime we wanted to do that again, she was down."

He got a big goofy grin on his face, and I knew that last night's performance was anything but a one-time deal if he had anything to say about it.

"I penciled her in for the three o'clock hour," he joked. I slapped his arm and laughed, hoping that he was kidding.