Romantic Route Chapter 11&12

Nobunaga: "Little things like this make you smile? I'm glad to have found that out. I'll remember that."

Mai: "That's a good boyfriend." Danger awaited everyone in tomorrow's battle. But tonight, fingers laced together, we just shared in this happy moment.

------------
Our rest was short. The battle started the next day at dawn--

Ieyasu: "Mai! I need you over here!"

Mai: "Be there in a sec!" I took the salve and ran to our newest injured arrival. "I know it hurts, but you're going to be all right. We'll get you fixed up."

Hurt Soldier: "T-thank you."

Mai: "You don't need to thank me. Save that strength okay? The wound looks worse than it is." I stopped the bleeding and bandaged him up, sending him to the back where he could rest. There are way more men coming in, compared to yesterday. The fighting is getting fierce. Is Nobunaga holding up? I wished I didn't have to wait until the evening to see him. Ieyasu came over to me.

Ieyasu: "Good work. You should take a break."

Mai: "I don't need a break right now. What's in the latest reports? How is the war going?"

Ieyasu: "It's turned into an all-out battle. Everyone who can still fight is out there." That's why there's been a massive increase in the number of wounded. "The enemy isn't holding anything back. They're sending everything they've got. But one way or another, today's battle will be the deciding factor."

Mai: "I see." Right now, the best thing I can do is focus on tending the injured. Please, everyone, come back safe. I returned to my work with that prayer in my heart.

------------
Meanwhile, outside headquarters--

Masamune: "So, Yukimura, it was you commanding this troop. That explains why they were giving me a hard time."

Yukimura: "...Masamune Date. Just my luck to run into you." West of the front lines, two rival generals and their men were posturing, readying to fight.

Masamune: "You don't sound happy to see me. Can't say the same. I've been itching to fight you."

Yukimura: "Then I guess I'll skip the step where I ask if you want to back off." Yukimura lifted his forked spear toward the heavens. At the same time, Masamune drew his sword.

Masamune: "I hope you're ready for this Yukimura!"

Yukimura: "That's my line, Masamune! Here I go!"

------------
Mitsuhide: "Look, Hideyoshi! The tiger is coming out into the open."

Hideyoshi: "I have eyes, Mitsuhide. With the whole Akazonae behind him, he's impossible to miss." On the southern end of the field, Mitsuhide and Hideyoshi exchanged ill-humored looks. A troop of soldiers, clad in red, raced across the plains to engage with them.

Mitsuhide: "Let's see if all that sleep has dulled the tiger's fangs."

Hideyoshi: "Dull or sharp, it won't matter once I rip them out of his mouth. I won't forgive anyone who goes against Lord Nobunaga."

------------
Shingen: "That's the kitsune who tried to fool Kenshin, and Nobunaga's pet monkey." Shingen's forces had Mitsuhide's and Hideyoshi's surrounded. He grinned confidently. "They're young, but they're skilled. It's a shame then-- I'll have to cut them down in their prime. Let's go!"