Chapter 4 + His POV The Spark Of Love • Premium Bonus • Her Soft Toes

Mai: "You're back. What are you DOING here?" I had been enjoying a peaceful soak in the hot springs. Nobunaga, dressed in a light cotton robe and carrying a tray in one hand, was standing tall over the edge of the spring.

Nobunaga: "What else would I be doing here but bathing? This is the reason I came."

Mai: "Yeah, but you might notice, the hot springs are currently in use." By me. Because I am bathing in them. But not much longer, because you're standing there!  I got ready to get out, in case he had the foolish idea of joining me, but--

Nobunaga: "I wouldn't bother." Nobunaga caught my dripping arm, holding it firmly in his hand. His eyes were frigid, but the touch of his hand was hotter than the water. Leaning down on one knee, Nobunaga drew close to me. "Your hand is mine. I suppose you'll have to stay with it."

Oh, we're back to strip Go, are we? I figured he'd try something at the hot springs!  But I was exhausted from the ride, and Nobunaga's kiss on my hand was an injection of therapeutic heat. Still, I wondered how much further he intended to take this.

Nobunaga: "You can run, but I'll catch you. Or weren't you listening to what I told Taiichi this afternoon?"

Oh excuse me? Now I'm the prey he was talking about?

*-*-*

Nobunaga: "In a real hunt, once your prey spots you, it will attempt to flee. If you want to land the killing blow, you'll need to drive it to a place where it can't escape."

*-*-*

Remembering his lesson was like a magic spell. I was only aware of the steam of the hot springs and the beating of my heart.

Mai: "So, I'm cornered. What are you going to do?"

Nobunaga: "Do you really need me to spell it out for you?" He kissed my ear next, his teeth lightly grazing the lobe.

Mai: "Ahh--" I shivered, disturbing the water. Cool drops of condensation dripped from my hair and slid down my body like little thrills. He's good at this. Damn him. Even if he wasn't, my body is too stiff to move.

He kissed my hand again, delivering tiny nips along my fingers. My alone time at the hot springs had become Nobunaga Time, yet I couldn't really complain. Maybe, just maybe, I need this?

I glared up at him, letting him know that regardless of how good it felt, I didn't appreciate this invasion of my personal time.

Nobunaga: "You won't let me have a little fun with you, even after today? You are unique." My message got through to him. He let go of my wrist, and I settled back into the water. Nobunaga indicated the tray he'd just set down on the edge of the spring. "The innkeeper brought this to our room. I won't drink tonight. You have it." It was a bottle of sake and a small cup. Nobunaga stood back up and turned to go. Wait a second.

Mai: "What exactly did you come out here to do?"

Nobunaga: "I came to bring you the sake. Didn't you notice the tray? Or do you truly need me to spell it out for you?" Gah! Playing with my expectations like that!  "Soak as long as you like, Mai." With a smile, Nobunaga left. He is so frustrating!

I sunk my face halfway into the water, blowing out my exasperation with a stream of bubbles. Still, did my mind really go there? No, he was clearly baiting me.  But I couldn't get angry at him, not the way I used to. And that realization vexed me.

Nobunaga had only touched my hand and my ear. The spots he had "conquered" in our games of Go. He's always kept to the rules. Though, maybe I should have added a "don't drive me crazy" rule?  I remembered the innocent smile he showed me on the cliffs. I didn't need to touch the sake he'd brought me. I already felt like I was drunk.
Oh. Someone's in a hurry to start.  When I returned to our room, Nobunaga was there, sitting by the lantern with a goban in front of him.