Dramatic Route Epilogue

Mai: "Nobunaga! I came to say--"

Mitsuhide, you just missed him." Gah! Seriously? I looked around the empty chamber with a sigh.

Mai: "Where is he now?"

Mitsuhide: "With Hideyoshi. They're discussing honours for the vassals who achieved results in the last battle."

So, basically it's payday. In the months since I'd returned to the Sengoku, I'd made time to study up on it. The writing was different. Then there was etiquette. And of course, all the words that didn't come up in modern day conversation. Learning's been fun, and I understand everything better now. Perfect for my new life...with a very absent Nobunaga.

Mitsuhide: "Don't be sad, Mai. Though he's no longer a public figure, Lord Nobunaga is still our liege. You understand his duties haven't decreased significantly."

Mai: "Of course I understand. And I didn't come here to barge in on his work."

I was just hoping to catch him while he was between tasks. It's not like I can text him! Nobunaga started work early in the morning before I got up. And he didn't get back until after I'd fallen asleep waiting for him. It's been...wow, a week since we last had a conversation! That was when he got back from Shikoku.

Several weeks ago, Nobunaga led his vassal in a war to confront the territories on the western island. And seven days ago he had returned victorious—

----------

There's my boyfriend! He's safe, but he looks like he could use a break! I was at the gate, waiting for him. Surrounded by impatient vassals, Nobunaga dismounted his horse. I want to run over and give him a hug, but—

Vassal 1: "My lord! We've been awaiting your return!"

Nobunaga: "Thank you."

Vassal 2: "I know it's sudden, but the daimyos wish for you to attend a feast to celebrate your victory."

Nobunaga: "Tell them I'll come."

Vassal 3: "Lord Nobunaga, I would like to consult with you on the development of Azuchi-

Nobunaga: "I'll hear you out in a moment. First, gather everyone involved in the audience chamber."

There's a sea of business between me and him. Well then, we'll just have to go fishing! I gave Nobunaga a bright-eyed smile, hoping to draw his eye with my own. Ooh! A bite! And what did I catch? Nobunaga's eye! Nobunaga looked past the crowd, directly at me. He motioned me to come closer. Just like I planned. Nobunaga shooed the vassals aside to make a path for me. Excuse me, everyone! I happen to have a VIP invitation! My heart pounding, I ran over to see him.

Nobunaga: "Mai."

Mai: "Nobunaga, welcome ba--?!" He swept me into his arms and sealed my lips with a kiss. Welcome back, indeed!

Vassals: "Lord Nobunaga--?" Hungry to taste each other after all this time apart, we deepened the kiss. I threw my arms around his neck, tangling my fingers in his hair while I cooed in pleasure. The vassals stirred awkwardly around us. All too soon, our kiss had come to an end. We drew apart slowly. Nobunaga looked at me and smiled.

Nobunaga: "I'm back."

Mai: "I noticed."

Nobunaga: "I missed you."

Mai: "I missed you too!" My voice was husky. My heart was still hammering loudly. Nobunaga brushed my bangs aside and placed a kiss on my forehead. His lips were still hot with a trace of my own wet heat lingering on them