chapter eight

Eventually, we were able to remember most of our lines by heart. Proud of our success, I ordered a pizza, and then Jonathan and I made out on the couch until the pizza came. This time, we finally frenched, but it didn't last very long. My doorbell had rung after a very short ten minutes, and Jon and I both sighed as we got up and went to grab our food.

Now, fifteen minutes later, we were snuggled on my couch. We were each eating our last slice of the pizza while watching a re-run of Fresh Prince on my television.

"So," Jon started in between bites. "What are we now?"

I swallowed.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, am I your boyfriend or just a friend with benefits?"

I laughed loudly at that.

"Whatever you want," I told him, smiling.

"Boyfriend it is." Jon laid his head on my shoulder and wrapped his arms around my waist, taking my hands in his.

"Thank you," I whispered, closing my eyes. There were lots of things I could thank him for, and I wasn't sure which one I had in mind at the moment.

Jon's head stayed on my shoulder for a long time until I finally realized that he had fallen asleep. I let go of his hands and laid him down on the couch. I kissed his peaceful, sleeping face and then curled up beside him, wrapping my arms around his torso. Soon enough, I fell asleep too.

•••

My eyes fluttered open. At first I didn't know where I was, but then I remembered last night. I smiled as I stretched and sat up. I looked around my dark living room, but I couldn't find a trace of Jon or his belongings. Was that really all just a dream? But as I walked over to the kitchen, I found a note on the counter.

Dear Katie,
Thank you so much for last night; I really enjoyed getting to spend some time with you. You're welcome for dancing and running lines with you, but I'd also like to thank you for both the pizza and the make-out sessions. Both were hot. I'm sorry for leaving, but I had to get home to my parents and I didn't want to wake you up. You're so cute when you sleep!! Anyways, see you at school; I'll be counting the minutes!!
Xoxo, Jon♡︎

Could he possibly be any cuter?? I was already head over heels for this boy, even though we'd only been officially dating for less than twelve hours. Glancing at the clock, I realized it was already 6:47 am. I rushed to my room to get ready, my head swimming with thoughts of Jon.