Chapter Three

a/n: i'm updating everyday now

CHAPTER THREE

Elliot's POV

A couple of weeks have passed by since the encounter with Rose. I found myself looking at her in the halls even though I don't want to. My eyes would linger to the left, where his locker is. Even if she isn't there, it's like I couldn't continue my day without seeing her. There's this pull and it angers me because I don't even know this girl and she's been on my mind for a long time. I've never realized that she was well known with the entire school.

I normally give my full attention to the work that I am given in class or to the people that are close to me. I block everyone out and I am in my own little world, but now I can't seem to do that because of her. I can block everyone off besides her, especially when we have class together.

When we don't have class together; I can't seem to block the rest of the people in the class which infuriates me. I've never felt so angry in my life, until now, and I don't know how to control it. In class, at times she'd make sarcastic comments and apparently this isn't the first time she has.

Right now, I just wanted to bang my head against the wall because I've read the same sentence five times and I can't seem to comprehend it. The words at times would condense together, making it harder for me to read. I took a deep breath and tried to read it again but then she spoke.

Mr. Romano gave us a project to do with our study groups and so we decided to sit at the lab table in the back instead of pushing the desks together. After last time, I think it's best that we don't sit near the other students. I heard someone say my name. I looked up at Rose to find her eyes widened and her eyebrows raised up. She seemed to be surprised, Ty as well, but Ava seemed pissed. What happened?

"Well, would you look at that, aren't I amazing?" Rose said while smiling cheekily. She brushed back her dark hair behind her shoulder. Her eyes twinkled in amusement; she looked at Ava mischievously and leaned in to whisper something against her ear. I tried to listen to what she was saying but I couldn't.

"What happened?" I asked trying to get rid of her from my thoughts. Ava looked at me but then she looked away. Why is she upset with me? What did I do? Worried, I looked at Ty to find him staring at me amused. I raised my eyebrows at him and instead of telling me he shrugged while snickering. 

"I noticed that you were struggling with your part there and I was going to ask if you needed help. But Ava and Ty told me that you block everyone that is around you especially when you are in the zone. I didn't believe them but they said that they've already tried before and you didn't budge. I only called your name once and you instantly looked up." Rose said while smiling. She plopped her elbows on the lab table with both of her hands cupping her face with her hands.

I let out a sigh. I felt the thing in my chest beating against my chest harshly making it hard for me to breathe. Am I having a heart attack? The tips of her fingers tapped her cheeks repeatedly. At this moment, all I could see was her. Funny, how I hear her voice when I don't want to but when I do I can't.

She wore a dark blue dress which matched my dark blue shirt. I wore white jeans that matched her heeled boots. I felt my cheeks heat up, realizing that I was staring at her. I held onto the pencil tightly hoping that she didn't notice. I didn't like this feeling and I was hoping that I won't have to feel it again.

"Hey, are you okay?" Ty asked. I looked up at him and gave him a smile reassuring him. I felt uneasy; I took a deep breath trying to control myself. I'm normally in control but the past couple of days I've never felt so lost. I can't seem to do anything and I hate it. Rose placed her hand on Ty's shoulder and my body jolted, pushing me closer to the lab table.

"Einstein, are you good? Ah, I know what's going on!" Rose said while shaking Ty's arm. I felt a rush of anger bolt through my body. I pushed myself back not sure what was going on. The grip against the pencil tightened; I forced myself to look up at Rose.

"What?" Ty asked curiously. Rose smiled teasingly and said, "He's in love with me, that's why he can't seem to do his work. Is my beauty distracting you, sweetheart?" I clenched my teeth tightly and glared at the girl. I break the pencil in half, scaring Ty and Ava, but Rose smirked. It's like she wanted to get me angry, she moved a little closer to the lab table.

"Baby, are you mad?" Rose asked while staring at me. I felt my face heat up. All I saw was red. Ava slammed her hands against the table out of anger. I stopped Ava from attacking Rose by pulling her back away from her.

"You are going way too far, Rose." I said. Rose raised her eyebrows at me and said, "I'm just messing with you two. Relax."  She leaned back against her chair and smiled.

I let out a bitter laugh and asked, "Really?" Ty grabbed my arm trying to stop me but I didn't budge.

I grabbed my arm back away from him, "No Rose, it's not okay. You are going way too far. You know that Ava is my girlfriend. If you had a boyfriend and if a girl flirted with him how would you feel? You said that you were messing with, Ava, but did she know that? You repeatedly pushed her limits and mine as well. She isn't your puppet, Rose. And neither am I. Just because I am quiet doesn't mean that I am okay with it. You wanted to know if you had a chance with me, and the answer is no we both are two different people," I said calmly.

I took a deep breath and wiped my face down with my hand and this time softly said, "Look, Rosemarie. You are a nice girl and I'm not trying to hurt you and if it sounds like I'm yelling at you then I apologize. That isn't my intention. I allowed my anger to control me and it's new to me because this hasn't happened before. You are a nice girl, Rose. You have a great personality and it just doesn't clash with mine. I'm an introvert, perfectionist, and most importantly hate jokes and I hate it when people mess around with me. You on the other hand are outgoing, fun, bubbly, extroverted, and you aren't afraid to say whatever you want. And I admire that but I'm not sure what you were getting out of messing around with me. Just please leave me and Ava alone." I looked at Rose to see her facial expressions change and she flinched back against her chair.

She had her hands balled up and her eyes teared up. I let out a sigh, realizing what I had done. It had to be said but seeing her react this way hurt me. Was I harsh? I made sure not to use a tone on her. It wasn't my intention.

I was trying to tell her what I had felt in the calmest way possible. A tear threatened to slip out but she held it in. She bawled her fists tightly together. I couldn't see a girl for a matter of fact anyone cried. I didn't realize that my words would have affected her especially with her personality. It seemed like she didn't care what people thought about her. I instantly regretted what I had done.

She chuckled and nodded particularly to no one. She brushed her hair back with her hand; looked at me right in the eyes. She didn't say anything, with one last look she gathered her stuff and shoved it in her bag calmly.

I couldn't tell whether she was angry or not because she showed no reaction whatsoever. With that, she got up without breaking eye contact and she pushed the chair back.

"Rose," Ty said, trying to stop her. She then diverts her attention elsewhere and with that she leaves. I watched her walk away in anger; I got up ready to go after her but Ava grabbed my arm stopping me. I looked at her and she said, "Don't, it had to be said."