Chapter Fourteen

Rose's Pov

I stared at myself in the mirror to check and see if the black dress was for me. In conclusion, I wanted to hug myself because I looked good in this dress. I'm not sure why I doubted myself. The dress hugged on my curves and my thick thighs. I've never been insecure about my thighs. I've learned to love them because it complimented my bottom and my top. I grabbed my white sneakers that were besides my bed and wore them.

My makeup was on point. I highlighted to the point where a person would get blind. I've always loved applying makeup on my face not because I was insecure but because it made me happy. The different shades and colors excited me! I wore black heels to match the dress that I was wearing.

"You look hot. Like no joke, beautiful, gorgeous, oh my Elliot will for sure not take his eyes off of you," Lily said while brushing through her short dark brown hair. Lily had grey eyes, petite body, a right dimple, and freckles. I wished I had dimples.

I smirked at myself and said, "I know." Lily threw a pillow at me and I hissed at pain due to the harsh throw.

"Hey, what was that for?" I asked. I glared at her through the mirror and she raised her eyebrows at me.

"That's for being cocky."

I raised my eyebrows at her and said, "Hey! What's wrong with loving myself. I know I'm all those things would you rather have me complain about my body. Because I can but I choose not to because I've accepted myself. Now, grab the white purse that's on the table and let's go to the party."

*~*

We walked through the unfamiliar halls and into a room filled with people. The lights were dimmed and people had neon paint on their bodies. There was a stand on my right where a person was drawing on people's bodies. There was another stand where people could grab the paint themselves and do it. We walked further down in the crowded room. It was one huge room with tinted windows on one side of the wall. There were stairs on either side of the room leading up stairs to different halls. I held onto Lily's hand tightly not wanting to lose her in the crowd.

We stopped by a table after walking for a good five minutes. I looked around to find Ty and Elliot. I stopped looking and found them sitting on the couch. I grabbed Lily's hand again and walked towards the couch. Ava and Elliot were sitting on the couch which was across from Tylers. There was a boy sitting next to Tyler and I couldn't recognize him. I wonder who he is.

"Hello," I said. I glanced at Elliot to find his eyes on me.

"Hi," Ava said. I gave her a fake smile and then I looked at Tyler to find him staring at Lily who was on her phone.

She didn't like interacting with people unless it was necessary, and definitely not in front of her crush either. She says that she might do something or say something and she'll regret it. It's her shy side and I found it really cute, but if you piss her off or get her angry then she'll forget the shy side of her.

"Lily, don't be rude, say hi to everyone," I emphasized the word everyone. I nudged her shoulder and she glared at me. Mouthing, I hate you. I smiled and mouthed back I hate you too.

"Hello, Lily." Tyler said, causing us to stop. We both looked at him and I raised my eyebrows at him and asked, "Just Lily? What about me?" Tyler looked down while shaking his head back and forth while smiling. His cheeks were red and I looked at Lily to find her blushing as well. This is so cute.

Tyler looked up and said, "Why don't you beautiful ladies sit down." I nodded and I walked towards the empty couch. I stared at the ground watching her footsteps but stopped abruptly catching Lily off guard. I turned around to find Lily stumbling back, Tyler grabbed her arm preventing her to go further. If she fell I would have been so screwed thank god she didn't.

Well, that was easy. The couch that I was sitting on was right next to Tyler's and Elliot's. I sat down on the couch to find Ty and Lily staring at each other. I looked at Elliot to see what he was doing and he was looking at the ground. After a while his eyes met mine. I plopped my elbow on the side of the couch while smiling.I felt a cold breeze run through my body because of his intense stare. I felt heat creeping up the back of my neck. I looked away when I heard someone cough.

A boy that's by Ty nudged his arm catching his attention, "Are you going to stand there all night and stare at her?" He asked. Which made me laugh, Ty and Lily both pulled away embarrassed. The boy looked at me while grinning. Ty took the chance and sat down beside the boy while Lily quickly walked towards me and sat down beside me.

"Uh this is the guy that I wanted to introduce you to," Ty said. I was slightly taken aback. I wasn't aware that he was actually serious. I only played along because I wanted to see if Elliot would get jealous or not.

"Is that so?" I asked while leaning slightly to my left. I looked at Elliot to see him staring at the boy and not paying attention to what Ava was saying. I looked back at the boy to see him looking down at his hands while smiling. I didn't want to lead him on or anything because that wouldn't be fair to him.

I looked at Lily to find her on her phone again. I sighed realizing I was going to have to do all the work.

"Hey Ty. Do you think you can entertain my friend because she seems quite bored," I said while pointing at Lily. Her eyes widened and Ty instantly smiled and nodded. He walked over to the couch and reached his hand out for her to grab. Lily hesitantly put her hand with his but Tyler grabbed her hand with ease and disappeared into the crowd.

The boy looked up at me and said, "It's nice to meet you, Rose." I smiled back at him and said, "It's nice to meet you too..." I stopped realizing that I didn't know his name.

The boy laughed lightly and said, "It's Ryan." I hummed in response and asked, "A little birdie told me that you had a little crush on me. Is that true?" His eyes widened in shock but he laughed it off.

He rubbed the back of his neck and said, "I did not expect you to say that." I laughed lightly and asked, "I like to be straightforward do you mind?"

He shook his head back and forth and said, "No, not all." Even if he did mind I wouldn't care because I would still do it anyway.

"And to answer your question yes I'm interested in you. I'm curious and I want to get to know you," Ryan said. I smiled at him flattered and thought of a way to reject him.

"No." Elliot said. Ava stopped talking and she looked at him confused. His eyes were still on me. I looked back at Ryan to find him staring at me as he was still waiting for my answer.

"What happened?" I heard Ava ask.

"You don't need to give me an answer now. You can have more time if you'd like?" Ryan asked. I coughed and looked down thinking about how I should tell him.

"I-" Just when I was about to ask him I got cut off.

"Rose, I need to talk to you." I internally smiled. I looked up at Elliot to see that his face hardened. Was he angry? His hands were clenched tightly, jaw hardened, and his face and neck were a bit red. His eyes were darkened, he screamed jealousy from all sorts of angles.

"Sure."