Chapter Twelve

Rose's Pov

I laid down in bed, happy. I found myself squealing a couple of times; I can't believe that he actually came to the erina. It was an hour drive and on top of that he spent with me. I've never felt this happy before. I felt like I was up at the stars, my heartbeat accelerates every single time I think about him. It makes me feel giddy, the sound of his voice comforts me and makes me not worry about anything in the world.

The more I spend time with him the more I wanted to be around him. I wanted to consume all of him. I wanted to see him smile, laugh, and be happy. I know it's not like he confessed to me or anything but it was better than nothing.

I thought I'd have to forget about him and to be honest I wasn't sure how I was going to do it. I've never actually, properly liked a boy before. Yeah, I've flirted with them here just to get a reaction out of them. All these years, the girls that I'd hang out with would talk about their crushes and I'd sit there and just listen to them.

I remember wanting to have parts of the conversations so I'd find out information with the boys that they had crushes on and tell them. They'd find it attractive but I didn't. At that point I thought that I was going to be alone for the rest of my life.

But when I saw Elliot.

I had my eyes set on him. I saw no flaws, nothing.  In my eyes this boy was perfect even if he thought that he was imperfect. The thought saddened me; I hope he doesn't think any less of himself otherwise I'd beat him up.

Just kidding. I wanted to lay in his arms every night and whisper to him how beautiful he is. How much I loved him and that I wanted to be with him forever.

"What are you smiling about?" Dad asked. I looked at him and my smile widened.
"Just a boy," I said. He laughed loudly as if I had told him something funny. He slapped his knee and laughed louder as he pointed at me.

"You like a boy? That's funny sweetheart," dad said while laughing.
I stared at him seriously and asked, "Is that so hard to believe?" His eyes widened and he shook his head vigorously.

"Remember, when you were in middle school you threatened a boy to be your date to a school dance with you otherwise you'd break his kneecaps with a baseball bat." He laughed once again making me groan. Oh god, how could I forget that. It was seventh grade, everyone had either a boyfriend or girlfriend.  I didn't have one and I tried to convince this boy with food to be my date so that I wouldn't feel left out. He said no and yeah, let's just say that he got what he deserved.

"I'm serious this time, dad." The laughing died down and he looked at me surprised and asked, "Really? Who is it?"

I smiled instantly at the thought of him, he walked closer to me and sat down at the edge of my bed. I hugged the pillow tightly against me and said, "His name is Elliot." I looked at him to see a reaction and it was a smile.

"How is he?" He asked.
"I really love him dad. He's everything that I want in a boy. He's respectful, kind, shy, and really cute," I said. His eyes widened and asked, "Love him? How long have you known this boy? When did you realize that you loved him?" I never thought about that.

"That's a good question I wonder how long I've known him for. We moved here a couple months ago, but I didn't have any classes with him the first semester. I've just started talking to him. I think today was the first time where we actually spent time together and had an actual conversation. Ever since I had my eyes on him I thought it was love but I was sure when I confessed. I guess you could say forty-two days then," I said honestly.

His eyes widened and he said, "Are you sure you're in love with him? I mean you only talked to him once."

I nodded understanding what he was saying. I was so sure that it was love and I wasn't sure how to explain it to him. I lay down on my bed and stared up at the ceiling and told him what I was thinking. I've been comfortable with my parents and told them everything.

"When I saw him for the first time I couldn't get my eyes off of him. I just knew it was him like he's my soulmate. Everything about him pulled me closer to him. I don't know how to explain my emotions. You might think I'm some love-sick blinded fool. I mean I guess you can call me that but he makes me happy," I said. Honestly, I was scared because my emotions seemed to get stronger by the day and I wasn't sure how to control them either.

"What's going on here?" Mother said as she walked inside. Although they both are divorced they made sure that it didn't affect me in any way. They both still behaved the same as they did before. They said they didn't want me to feel not loved because of their failed relationship. They told me that it wasn't my fault and that it was between them and it won't affect our relationship in any way.

"Our daughter fell in love with a boy and she only talked to him once," father said and I groaned. My mother gasped and she put the tray asid on the table and jumped on the bed.

"Spill the tea, tell me everything," mom said. I saw this coming; I grabbed the pillow and placed it on my face covering it up. I heard them both laugh making me laugh as well and I moved the pillow a little to see the ceiling. I listened to them laugh and thought about how other families aren't like mine.

I stared at the ceiling and wondered how different my life is from another. I wondered what a life filled with sadness would be like.