Chapter Four

a/n: hi loves 💕

CHAPTER FOUR

Elliot's POV

It had been a week since Rose had said anything to us. She'd silently do her assignment and then she'd leave. At times she'd talk to Ty when he'd ask her questions but she'd keep it short. He tried to make her laugh a couple of times by telling her cheesy jokes but she wouldn't have any reaction. It frustrated me and bothered me. I'd find myself thinking about her in class and staring at her.

One time in the hallway she was standing by her friends locker and was laughing with them. When her eyes had met mine, she brushed it off, and walked away with her friends. And I tried to apologize for what I had said last week but she'd either ignore me or tell me that she's busy and would walk away. For some reason that bothered me. Sighing, I got off the bus and walked towards the library.

Today's the second day for our study group and I was going to make sure that I talk to Rose. I opened the library door and checked my watch to see what time it was. I was right on time, walking to the back of the library. I found Ava there but Rose and Ty weren't there. Great, I walked towards the table that we had reserved and sat across from Ava.

She looked at me confused as to why I sat across from me. Ty walked in and he looked at me confused as well, "Can you sit in my spot just for today." He nodded and didn't ask any questions.

"Why are you sitting there?" Ava asked. I looked at Ty to see him staring at me intently as well. Sighing, I opened my mouth to speak but stopped when I heard the chair next to me move. She's here. I looked to my right, ready to greet her but my eyebrows furrowed realizing that it wasn't her. It was someone else. The girl sat down next to me and she opened her backpack placing her laptop in front of her. The girl finally looked up at us and she raised her eyebrows at us.

"Are you all okay?" She asked. She stopped grabbing the items that were in her bag and stared at me waiting for one of us to respond.

"Where's Rose?" I asked. I wanted to facepalm for even asking that. The girl furrowed her eyebrows and looked at me confused and asked, "She didn't tell you?" I wasn't sure what Rose was supposed to tell us but I shook my head back and forth anyways. The girl sighed and muttered, "Really, Rose?"

"Well, she asked me if she wanted to switch study groups. I thought you all already knew that she left and that I was coming," the girl said.

"We didn't know," Ty said.
Why didn't she tell us? And why did she switch groups?

"Do you know why she switched?" Ava asked. The girl looked at her and then at me and said, "She said she couldn't come on the days that you guys had decided on." I stared at the girl debating, whether or not she was telling the truth. She is lying. Her body language explained it all, her leg shaking, the sweat on her forehead, her playing with her hands.

"Where is she?" I asked. She looked at me and stayed silent debating whether or not she wanted to tell me. I sighed realizing that she wasn't going to say anything, "Check the irena," Ty said. I looked at Ty surprised that he knew where she might have been as if he knew what

I was thinking. He said, "She's an ice skater and she is the captain of the team. She spends her afternoons there, that's why she said that she couldn't come on the days that we had agreed upon."

I nodded, feeling guilty I stood up from my chair and grabbed my backpack that was on the table. Ava stood up from her seat and asked, "Where are you going?" I looked at Ty trying to explain through my eyes but he nodded understanding.

He's the one who understands me.

"I'll be right back," I said. I checked my pocket to see if my bus pass was there and it was. I checked my watch to see if the bus would come at this time. I heard the sound of keys hitting the table and I looked up to see Ty's bike keys in front of me.

"Not a single scratch should be on that bike," Ty said and I nodded giving him a smile. Ty's family was rich, rich, while I was the opposite. I'm not sure how we became friends with our different personailties, but it has been the best thing that has ever happened to me. I am glad that I met him.

I grabbed the keys and smiled apologetically to Ava. I walked out of the building as fast as I could and realized that I didn't know where the Arena was. I got a text message from Ty and it was the location to the Arena. It was really far from the library; I got on the bike and drove. I didn't want her to be gone by the time I got there.

I will see her today, no matter what cost.