Chapter Eight

Rose's POV

We both walked out of the ice arena and I felt upset because I didn't want tonight to end. I really enjoyed talking to him and spending time with him. I stopped walking and he did as well, ready to say our goodbyes.

"I had fun tonight, hope we can do it sometime again in the future," I said.

He cracked a smile and said, "I hope so too." Ever since he kind of dropped his guard down he's been behaving differently with me.

"Bye," I said.

"Bye," he said with uncertainty. From what it looked like, it seemed like he didn't want to leave either. He turned around and slowly walked away. Sighing, I finally looked away even though I didn't want to and checked my pocket for my bus pass.

"Shit, where is it," I muttered. I grabbed my bag and opened it up to see if it was in there.

"What are you looking for?" Elliot asked.

I jolted back in shock, surprised that he came back. I looked at him and said, "My bus pass." His eyebrows furrowed at me, as he stared at me, "You didn't drive here?" He asked.

I shook my head and said, "I normally take the bus home." There was an awkward silence so I decided to look through my bag again for the bus pass.

"I can drop you off at home if you want?" He asked. I stopped looking for my bus pass; I felt the tips of my lips curl up.

"You don't mind?" I asked.

"Not at all," He said.

"And why is that?" I said cheekily. I already knew why but I wanted him to say it. Sometimes hearing it is better than assuming or guessing why.

"Why do you want me to say it?" He asked curiously.

"Because I want to know what you're thinking about in that pretty little head of yours Elliot Li." I said truthfully. I wasn't sure what he was thinking about half of the time and I wanted to know.

He shook his head and walked away saying, "Try to guess what I'm thinking right now." He sat down on his bike that was parked, and placed his helmet on top of his head. Smirking, I walked towards his bike and stood right in front of him and he gave me the extra helmet. I was ready to grab the helmet from his hands but decided not to.

"My wrist is aching, can you help put the helmet on me," I asked. He eyed my wrists and then at me. He knew I was lying but he grabbed the helmet and placed it on top of my head and tied it up. I watched him as he tied the helmet on my head and once he was done he slapped the top of the helmet.

"Done." I glared at him playfully and hit my helmet against his. I stifled a laugh because he seemed quite surprised as he moved back a little. He placed both of his hands on either side of my head and hit my head with his gently. I stared into his eyes, locking them with mine, the intensity was there and I knew he felt it as well. I had the urge to touch his face with my hands. I was the first one to break eye contact with him; I felt my cheeks warm up.

I coughed awkwardly and decided to get on the bike. I sat behind him on the bike and wrapped my arms around his waist tightly. My body is completely against mine; I felt his body tensed as I clung onto him. Although he was taller than me, I managed to put my chin on top of his shoulder. His breathing got heavier and his body was slightly warming up.

"Baby, it's just me," I said while holding him tighter against me. I waited for him to object and tell me to get my hands off of him but he didn't say anything. I tilt my head to the side a little to see his face to find him smiling. Was he actually smiling? I let go of my arms that were around his waist and he looked down to see my hands slowly moving away. I pushed myself away from his back and I instantly missed the warmth. The smile on his face was now gone, was he frowning?

"Why are you frowning?" I asked. He turned his head towards my side and our faces were really close together. His lips were less than an inch away, if I moved my head even just a little then it would brush against his. He turned his head back blushing, him blushing is my favorite thing in the world now. He stayed quiet and I realized that he wasn't going to answer my question anytime soon.

"Also, is this Ty's bike? It's quite a beauty isn- ahh," I clinged onto him quickly when the bike jerked. He rode the bike slightly faster than I had expected him to. My arms wrapped tightly against his body again. I felt his body rumble, was he laughing at me?

"Baby what happened? It's just me no need to be scared," he said playfully. I felt my cheeks heat up. Why am I blushing because Rose Romano doesn't blush. I hid my face in the crook of his neck because I couldn't handle the wind coming right against my face. The bike swerved, making me chuckle. I kissed the crook of his neck and felt him shiver, take that Elliot. One thing I know is that this boy smelled good.

I pulled myself back a little so that I could say something. I hover my lips against his ear and said, "This is much better than a bus ride home alone, thank you."

*~*

This was it. I got off the bike since I was finally home. I wanted to stay with him here and not leave. He got off the bike as well and placed the helmet down on the side. I looked at him strangely and asked, "Where are you going?"

"I was going to drop you off to your door," he said.

I smiled instantly but said,"No need. It's okay, you must be getting late." He ran his hand through his hair and nodded. He sat back down on the bike again and I waved at him and said goodbye.

He waved back at me and whispered, "Bye" ever so softly. I turned around and opened my gate and went inside. I walked up the stairs but stopped midway. I turned around to see if he was still there and he was. He was still on the bike staring at me. I should turn around and go back inside my house but my heart didn't want to. I ran down the stairs and pushed the gate away, running towards him.

I stopped right in front of him catching him by surprise and hugged him tightly. I pushed myself back a little allowing my cheek to brush against his in the process. I loosened my hold and lightly wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I know you're not dating, Ava," I said. His expression confirmed my statement once again. His eyes widened in shock as if I caught him but he quickly covered it up. But he wasn't fast enough.

Gotcha.