Chapter Seventeen

Elliot's POV

"Actually, wait, I can't leave Lily here. I promised her that we'd go home together," Rose said. Her face faltered and by her facial expressions it seemed like she was quite upset about it. It made me happy knowing that she didn't want to leave.

"How about we grab Ty and Lily and bring them with us," I suggested. Her eyes brightened a little and she nodded but then she looked at me concerned, "But Ava, she'll be alone then." I turned around and looked for Ava to find her laughing with a guy. I looked back at Rose and raised my eyebrows at her and her eyes widened as she looked at Ava.
"I'll call Lily," she muttered.
"Good idea," I said.

*~*

After leaving the party we all decided to take our cars ourselves and go to the beach. Ty parked his car in the parking lot and after a couple of seconds Rose parked her car. We got out of the car and they both paid for their parking. I stared at Rose, although I don't know everything about her it seems like I've known her for a really long time. I felt as if I was falling for her faster and faster by the minute.

Once they were done paying she turned around and looked at me. She reached her hand out towards me for me to grab and I did. She pulled me so that I could stand closer to her while smiling at me cheekily.

"Rose why do you have a picnic basket in the back of your car?" Lily asked. I looked over at Lily who was standing right next to Ty and holding a big basket. Filled with a blanket, pillow, and sparkling Rose. I raise my eyebrows at Rose making her cheeks flush in embarrassment.

She walked towards Lily and grabbed the basket from her hand but Lily pulled it back and asked, "Are you going to share this?" Rose fake smiled and nodded and said, "Of course." Lily let go of the basket and Rose smiled mischievously and said, "Not."

She quickly ran away from Lily and stood by me, "This is for me and my beloved." She grabbed my waist and pulled me against her so that I was standing in front of her.

"Isn't that right, sweetheart." I tried not to smile but I failed to do so. Her smile was breathtaking and contagious. It's the type of smile that you can't get enough of and the one that you want to see every time.

"Is Elliot Li smiling and blushing because of a girl? Oh my. I think I'm going to faint in shock," Ty said dramatically. I rolled my eyes at him and grabbed the basket that Rose was holding and her hand against my other.

"Let's go," Rose said. She dragged me farther away from the people that were lingering on the beach until it was just us. She stopped and grabbed the basket from my hand.

"Give me one minute," she said. She set the basket on the floor and grabbed the blanket from the basket and placed it on the sand. She threw the pillows on the big blacket, fixing it. She placed the candles on each corner and in between from the corners as well. When did she prepare all of this?

"Do you need help?" I asked but she waved her hand at me and said, "Sit down it might take a while." She grabbed the lighter and lit the candles; I took my shoes off and sat down in the middle as I stared at her in awe. She did this for me. My heart sped up at the thought of her doing this for me.

Once she was done she took her sneakers off, she stood on the blanket and looked around as to what she should sit. Her eyes were on me and she instantly smiled. She placed either side of her leg on me and sat down on my lap while facing me. Startling me, I quickly fix my balance and grab her to steady her.

Out of all places she found my lap, "Better." She wrapped her arms around my neck pulling me closer to her.

"Do you mind?" She asked while staring into my eyes.
"No," I said.
"Good," she said while bringing her hands from my neck. She grabbed the necklace that was around my neck and played with it.

She stared at me seriously and asked, "I'm going to ask you a question and answer it honestly."

I nodded and pushed myself up so that I'm sitting straight. "What's your favorite color?"
I stared at her to see whether or not she was joking with me or not but she seemed quite serious. I let out a laugh and she hit my chest with her fist and it hurt.

"I'm serious. I want to know everything about you, Eli. I don't know much about you," she said seriously.
I nodded understanding. I didn't know much about her either, "Black is my favorite color. What about you?" I asked.
"Why black? My favorite color is white," she said.

I stared at her curiously and thought about it. Why do I like black? After thinking about it I said, "That's how life is. No matter how much white or light there is at the end the black or the dark will over power it. At the end it'll be pitch black. The same goes with good and bad. No matter how much good there in the world but at the end the bad will overrule the white and black will always win. That's why I choose black. Why white?"

Her eyes widened and she said, "I was going to say white goes with everything. But even if you're in the dark there will be some sort of light peeking in the dark. There's always so sort of light in the dark. Bad doesn't always win if you allow it then I mean you shouldn't. You will encounter bad but you need to push it away so you can see the good."

No matter how much good I want to see but it won't allow me to think that way. I wasn't sure how to get rid of it because no matter how happy I am I'll always feel down.

"Hobby," I asked, diverting the tension elsewhere. I didn't want to think about anything; I just wanted to forget and focus on her.

She sensed that I didn't want to talk about it further and asked, "Does sleeping count?" We both laughed and said, "Probably taking pictures, photography. I like to capture beautiful moments wherever I go. Speaking of which I brought my polaroid just in case." She moved back and grabbed the camera from the basket.

"You're always prepared," I said and she laughed at me as if it was the funniest thing ever.
"No. I actually am not but I prepared all of this because I wanted to surprise you."

"And why is that?" I whispered.
"Why'd I prepare this?" She asked and I nodded.
"I wanted to see you smile because of me. I wanted to show you how special you are to me, how much you truly mean to me," she said. She pushed herself closer to me and pulled the camera out, ready to take a picture of us.

"Wait, we need our drinks. See what I did there. Haha, but to be honest with you I love sparkling Rose. Do you want one? No? Okay. More for me then," I didn't say anything and she continued to talk but I couldn't hear anything. She held the glass against her hand and drank a little from it and said something.

My emotions were everywhere and I didn't know how to control them. I grabbed the side of her neck and pulled her closer to me. Before she could say anything I captured her lips with mine, and I heard the click of the camera.