Two: Deja

The alarm buzzed and I was more than glad to get out of bed. Deja would be back today, oh happy day! I freshened up and put on a yellow dress to mirror my emotions.

I got out of my room closing the door behind me. I started, "I'm so glad. Deja would be back and I would finally be able to tell her about my present problem. She probably wouldn't know I'm trending. Remember their school rules they only get to use their phones an hour a day? And most days Deja studied and studied. I wouldn't be surprised if she entered Cambridge on a scholarship."

 So you must be windering who I'm speaking to. It's actually just me. I do it all the time, talking aloud to myself. I'm not crazy though. It's just that I soliquize most of  the time and almost everywhere.

It makes my head free, free of TMIS. Well that later.

I walked down the stairs.

"Oh pizza in the microwave makes me sing and turn until I'm dazed," That was my dad singing again. He didn't see me so I remained still while he turned and sang to the pizza in the microwave.

"Oh Pizza in the microwave
makes me dance until I'm dazed,
Oh warm up dear pizza cause I'm gonna eat ya,
Yummy yummy,
In my tummy,
I just can't comprehend, what you do to me in my head,
But oh pizza in the microwave,
Makes me spin until I'm dazed!"

I applauded on the verge of laughter. He suddenly was aware of my presence and he took a bow. It was extremely funny to watch your dad singing, like he was in an Italian opera, about pizza.

The buzzer went off and dad brought out the pizza from the microwave and set it on the table.

"Well done dad. Brilliant music."

He picked a French accent, "Thank you darling. It is all in the throat."

I giggled.

My dad and I had always been closer to each other than anyone else in the family. He was my first real best friend and yes, he was that fun.

He began to work on his pizza while I grabbed a bowl for my breakfast.

"When is Deja going to be at the train station?" I asked as I dished out my cereal.

"I guess by one thirty."

I glanced over at the clock. That was less than four hours.

"Oh." My spirit fell. But my dad was a very funny dude and he was able to make me laugh again.

My mum hurried down the stairs just as I finished my cereal.

"Good morning mum." I said.

She was definitely in a hurry about something.

"Yeah hi." She said as she grabbed her keys.

"What's up?" Dad asked.

"I just found out that Deja doesn't like peanuts anymore and I bought tons of peanut based snacks yesterday, now I have to go return those. And I only have less than three hours to set up the things for the party."

"Party?" I asked. My mum didn't answer me. She only dashed to the fridge and began to pull out snacks.

"Oh." Dad said, "Don't worry then. I'll start setting up stuff for the party." Dad said.

What party were they talking about?

"Thanks hon." Mum said to dad just before she left the house with a bag full of snacks to return.

Dad put away his half eaten pizza and went into the store room.

"What party dad?" I asked rooted to my seat.