Thirty: Fine

30

Deja POV

I sat with dad in the living room. I was watching a reality series called, "Jim and Jam" while dad was on a phone call and hung up over five minutes into the call.

"What was that?" I asked as he dropped the phone on the couch.

"Police station about the Phil boy." I turned angry hearing his name, "they said they tried to track the number Phil gave them but they couldn't. There were some technical problems but I'm not sure that's the reason they couldn't track it."

I knew what dad meant but I'd never thought it could happen to us, racism.

"They let the case drop.....because she's black."

Dad didn't speak, "It's gonna be okay."

I moved next to dad and rested my head on his shoulder.

"Will Jamaica be okay dad?"

"She will be, she's fine."

I wanted to believe dad even though I doubted what he said, it has been two weeks since she went missing.

Dad and I watched the reality series and we ended up laughing a few times that had been our happiest moment in two weeks.

When dad's phone rang again a part of me grew forlorn, it was probably another bad news.

"Hello?" Dad said into his phone.

Dad stood in a hurry, "Is that you baby?"

Dad moved the phone from his ear, "Call your mother, Deja."

I stood in a hurry because of the urgency in dad's voice.

If I was thinking right dad may have been correct, Jamaica might be fine.

I know it's a very short chapter but it held the important thing.

Comment 💬💬💬💬

Share!!!!

And Vote.....❤️❤️❤️❤️