Chapter 1-Experiment Gone Wrong

Gaster's Point Of View

"Damnit!"

I let out another shout of anger as the artificial human soul once again shatter. I slam my hand on the desk. A loud thud sounds through out the room as a mug of coffee that was near the edge of the desk falls to the floor. I soon hear quick footsteps coming near the room I was in as my assistant Sans looks through the door.

I roll my eyes, already annoyed from the lost experiment.

"Yes Sans, for the fourteenth time, I'm alright."

He lets his eyes go from concerned to relieved as he saunters in. He might be my son, but damn is he annoying sometimes.... But at the same time can be very helpful.

"So... What's the next task?"

I let my hand go to my temples as I let out an irritated sigh.

"Honestly Sans... I don't even know at this point... I've tried everything."

Sans ponders this for a moment before opening his mouth, quickly shutting it then deciding to say since he saw my look of pure interest.

"W...what if we..."

"Spit it out Sans"

"Ok... What if we make a body for the soul to inhabit? Like one that can hold the soul intact long enough for it to stay intact without failing?"

My eyes perk at is idea. That was actually pretty smart. I nod my head in approval before giving him a couple G.

"Thanks for the input, why don't you and Papyrus go out for Nice Cream... I'm sure he is bored and probably even a little hungry."

Sans, looking confused at first, soon smiled and ran out the door, excited to take a break to see his little brother.

I let out a small chuckle at his actions before getting to work making a body. It would have to be an adult so the king wouldn't feel too bad taking its soul... If it had the look of a child I don't know if he could even fullfil the job.

The question was... How was I gonna get the materials? Sure it didn't have to be like a real human exactly, but it definitely had to have human aspects to be able to hold the soul. I looked over at the rest of the soul shards I had left... Maybe I could make...

I shook my head as I got to work making the body... Since the soul shards I were using were of a girl... Maybe it would be the best to make a human girl so the soul and body would have better compatibility...

With this thought in mind I got to work on getting the King's permission and materials.