Chapter 20-Clinginess

Gaster's Point Of View

I walk out of the experiment room holding a passed out (Y/n)... The experiment I just did... It was painful for her to be sure... But she bore through it, fully aware that she was every monster's key to freedom.

I lay her down on the recliner... Or at least I tried to. She just hung onto me...

Hmmm...

I sit down on the recliner, her being against my chest as I maneuver my arms, trying not to wake her, as I grab my note pad out of my lab coat pocket.

'Entry Number 753'

'It seems that (Y/n) deals with pain by being extremely clingy afterwards. We are currently on the comforter, her cuddling into my chest. I tried to put her down for her to sit by herself, only for her to not let go of me. I have met monsters who are clingy to deal with pain. Papyrus is like that. But none of them were ever to this degree... I gotta admit though... And I do hate to admit it..."

"I'm quite enjoying this."

I sigh as I finish writing, putting the note pad back in my pocket. I look down at the small human. She might've had a considerable amount of size on Sans... But that wasn't much of an achievement. She was definitely more than just a few feet below me... I said this before... But I'm saying it again.

Because this makes it easy for her to curl up onto my lap, her legs dropping on either side of my legs. It must've been quite the sight to see.

But I didn't care.

I play with her hair in a calming way, making sure she stayed asleep. I look around, making sure nobody is around before bringing a strand of her hair to my non-existent nose.

It might come as a surprise, but us skeleton monsters can smell, just as we can hear, see, and feel too.

I take a whiff of her scent... It was quite lovely. It smelled like Toriel's butterscotch cinnamon pie, which I have had the pleasure of trying before. One of the many perks of being the Royal Scientist is meetings with the King and Queen.

And the pies and even a few cups of tea are often served on such occasions.

I should bring some for Papyrus and (Y/n) sometime... Sans already had some as he sometimes accompanies me, or sometimes even just fills my spot.

I let my mind wander as I feel (Y/n)'s chest rise and fall in even paces... Leading me to soon join her in slumber.