= ateez fever part 1 storyline entry: lost wonders =

Hello, since I didn't make it past the first round of the storyline event, I'd like to put up my entry here :3 Any feedback would be very much appreciated!

---

The blinding lights and the deafening sound assault his senses yet again.

He stares at the mundane ceiling that he has become accustomed to before his hand flies to silence his alarm clock. He blinks as the random numbers appear in his vision as if embedded to the ceiling. But when his eyelids fly up once more, they disappear. Sighing as he takes one last look at the clock, he gets up from the bed, listening to the waves crashing against the shore that has become his morning music.

How many days have it been, ever since I last saw her?

Her? I don't even know who she is. No face, no name, no address; only her scent. As he looks at the item on the table, he reminds himself. And the necklace.

Possessed by the memories of the necklace alone, he steps out with the item in his hand like it's a compass, bringing him to the place he visits every day. While waiting to cross the road, what he expects to happen when the lights turn red does, as the familiar lorry truck stops before the line.

Like a broken record; playing the same thing over and over again.

A person who looks to be about his age opens the passenger door, jumping out of the vehicle as he leaves the driver shouting his name, asking him to turn around this instant. The door is left open as he runs away from the lorry loaded with boxes, racing as if he's not looking to turn back. His agility brings him further, the increasing distance between him and the vehicle translated into his dimpled smile; deeper and larger.

Choi San is his name, thanks to the driver shouting at the top of his lungs while showing an angry fist. Choi San; whoever you are, I hope that running away from that life makes you happy.

It's his morning view. Transfixed by the motion of the trains passing by, the crowd around him is a blur as he grips the item, treating the necklace as if it is a magnet that would bring him to her. The loud blaring of the trains approaching does not deter him from standing still like a statue, letting people pass by him as he waits and waits. No sign of her today, so he stops looking.

One day I will find her again, whoever she is. She means a lot to me, yet I don't even know what the meaning is.

How easy it is for him to spend the ticking hours at the train station, waiting for her who never came. His whole day gets lost at the train station like it's his second home, coming early to blend in with the crowd going to work then leaving at the same time they come back. It's his routine, yet he doesn't understand why he's doing it.

Park Seonghwa is my name, but what else can I remember?

He gets carried away by the crowd exiting the station, but as he waits at the crossing for the light to turn green, he sees him again.

Another scene replaying.

This person; he's always running like he's chasing something, gripping the phone as if his life depended on it.

Maybe it does, Seonghwa thinks to himself.

The same thing happens again, like it always does every day; the person running bumps into him, causing his phone to drop to the ground. Seonghwa could have avoided it, but he remains in the same spot, frozen.

Both tumble to the ground, with the said person apologizing profusely to him as if it has become his automatic reaction, a routine. Seonghwa does not say anything but glances at the phone that has dropped to the floor, its screen cracked. He reads the opened conversation briefly; he now knows the name of the person and the reason for his franticness. The message was from a contact he saved as Choi Jongho: Jeong Yunho, you need to come here right now. It's Hongjoong, something had happened to him.