= 15 =

The blow to their heads made them dizzy, almost having them feel like they would black out in the next instance. While sprawled on the floor, as they see a shadow looming over them, San and Seonghwa instinctively go into defensive mode as their hands curl into fists, their bodies ready to fight. This doesn't get to progress much as San's collar is aggressively yanked from the back before the perpetrator who attacked them turns his body so they're face to face.

"What do you think you- oh my god it's you!" Danbi widens her eyes before diving to the ground, kneeling beside San and looking at the rest of his teammates with guilt.

"Miss Kim," San announces before writhing in pain again. "Were you the one who threw something-" he looks around, spotting what the weapon of choice was before noticing various frozen groceries on the asphalt road. "Why is that whenever I meet you I'd always be in pain?"

"I thought-" she cuts herself off before attending to the rest of his teammates, asking whether they are alright. "You were stalking my brother-" she shakes her head, "All I saw was four suspicious-looking men stalking my brother, and that idiot didn't even realize because he was on the phone with the other idiot. So my first instinct was to put him out of harm's way, but I absolutely had no idea it was you. I'm so sorry for throwing them to your heads."

Jongho, Yunho and Seonghwa only blink once before staring at Danbi; it seems like San didn't exaggerate when he says that she looks exactly like the candidate's daughter. They become speechless even further when they hear her talk; it's totally someone else with the face of their client. They get frozen on the ground, despite the backs of their head feeling like they're swollen three times their sizes.

"Are you always this... violent?" San cringes as he can still feel the pain registering in his brain. "Did you learn how to shotput in school?"

"I didn't," she only answers the second question. She grimaces before gesturing to Hongjoong who has his jaw wide open, his head stuck out from the corner of the road before his body comes into full view. He looks to be in shock at the scene in front of him that he drops his phone and Mingi on the other end is left to shout into the receiver, calling his name. "Growing up with more brothers than sisters teach you a few stuff."

"Growing up," Yunho decides. "Must have shaped you a lot tougher than you originally are."

Danbi extends both her hands to help San and Yunho up first, before helping Seonghwa and Jongho next. Despite her being much smaller than the four, she heaves them up without breaking a sweat, and it looks like the four who have been through much worse. "Well, you can't expect much from an orphanage anyway. You just get what's thrown at you, then you learn to live with it."

Yunho and Jongho look at each other briefly as they hear about her having grown up in an orphanage.

When they have all stood up with her making sure that they are indeed alright, Hongjoong bends down to pick up his phone before skittering to the group. He stands near her, somewhat looking like he wants to protect her while on the other hand looking like he wishes she would protect him instead. He tugs on her sleeve to ask who they are, but she only brings back his gaze towards San.

"We were looking for Miss Kim-"

"The way you're addressing me is giving me the tingles and I hate it. Danbi is enough."

"-Danbi, but we only knew the neighbourhood she lived in. We didn't know where she lived exactly, and we heard about you mentioning her name. So we decided to follow you, but I guess we gave off a suspicious vibe until we were attacked."

"Mercilessly," Seonghwa adds, blowing a piece of stray hair out of his face. Their hair, despite having gel putting them in place, now look like a bird's nest with some bits of small leaves from the ground stuck inside.