= 42 =

A few months later

San waits outside of Madam Seo's mansion, trying to not look like he's currently nervous as he fixes his suit and bowtie. His hands are nervously trying to find something to do, until he has to pace back and forth in front of his car. When the door opens he almost feels like he'll jump out of his skin as he sees Madam Seo descending the stairs, this time her pink statement her slippers.

Behind Madam Seo, Danbi is sheepishly waving to San as she follows her. He returns the wave but stands up straight as he sees Madam Seo looking at him up and down.

"Good evening, Madam," San says rigidly.

She nods. "Good evening. Finished your security gig at the concert for today?"

"Yes Madam, and that's why I'm here to take your daughter out," he looks at Danbi, "on a date."

Madam Seo chuckles seeing San so uptight before moving to the side, slightly nudging Danbi forward with her shoulder as she winks. "Have fun. Are you coming back home tonight," she asks mischievously, "or are you staying over at San's?"

"I'm not sure, but I'll inform you if I decide to stay at San's. Bye, love you mom," Danbi gives a kiss to Madam Seo's cheek.

The older woman waves to the two of them as San drives out of the compound, and as soon as he notices that Madam Seo can't see them anymore, he releases his breath.

Danbi laughs when she sees how San looks like he's just seen a ghost before snapping open her mirror so that she can apply lipstick. She glides the lipstick over her lips as she utters, "Why are you always so uptight around mom? It's not like she's going to attack you for going out on a date with me."

"Even if I'm dating her daughter," he replies, "she's still my boss. Madam Seo has always been slightly scary to me. Imagine her wrath if I accidentally did something wrong to you. She loves you with all her heart, and I don't want to look at her if she gets angry."

"Come on, you know that she's not scary. It's just the way she presents herself."

"Now that I think about it," he replies, "you're the same. You scare me a lot."

"Uh-uh," she agrees as she takes off her seatbelt as they arrive at the restaurant. "So you know not to mess with me because I can and I will fight for myself."

"I know, and that's why I love you." He kisses her cheek before stepping out of the car, scurrying over to the other side as he opens the door for her.

She hooks her arm with his, and they walk into the restaurant to be ushered onto the topmost floor, where there is a specially reserved place for them. Their faces break into larger smiles as they spot the rest already there; from her ex-bodyguards, her housemates and their significant others, Wooyoung, Yeosang and Anna.

Danbi looks at Mingi who's up in the arms of Jihyun, and she can't deny that they're a cool-looking couple. Apparently after much debate, both of them finally got back together, with Mingi deciding to return to the racing scene. They're still having illegal races, but apparently they're looking to get involved with legal ones; so that they can put their talents to good use.

Jihyun reaches out a hand as Danbi approaches them, and the latter fist-bumps it.

Danbi then slaps a hand to Mingi's head before smirking, "Looks like the lamp post finally has a girlfriend."

Mingi rolls his eyes before shrugging, "You're talking as if we don't see each other for months. Hongjoong and I literally saw your face this morning. Can you imagine how sick I am looking at your face everyday?"