fifteen

[tw?* some blood]

"bye, jimin, i'll see you around!" luna exclaimed, her hand coming up and waving the said boy goodbye as she walked away, leaving him stood outside of their classroom, where jungkook was patiently waiting. jimin returned the wave, "see ya later!" he replied, wondering if she could even hear him anymore since she had quickly sped off down the hall in less than 3 seconds. "new friend, already?" jungkook asked, voice laced with a hint of mockery— and shock. jimin pulled a face and playfully smacked his chest, "yes, thank you very much" he rolled his eyes, despite also feeling slightly surprised with himself at the fact he had actually made a friend. "thank you for waiting for me" the elder mumbled, sticking to jungkook's side as they made their way through the hallway, not yet comfortable with the towering crowds of people scurrying past each other. jungkook smiled softly, "i told you i'd wait" he said before snaking an arm around the latter's shoulders, a sense amusement washing over him as he felt jimin tense up beneath his touch, a rosey-pink tint decorating his cheeks and spreading towards the tip of his button nose. "how was it?" he added, arms tightening around the blushing boy, unbothered by the heard of students surrounding them. jimin's lips rubbed together, satisfied with how easily they glided against each other because of the coat of gloss blazing over them. "it was okay, luna is super nice-" "luna? oh, that's your new friend" jungkook clarified before letting jimin speak again, "yes, we are studying romeo and juliet, i wonder what part i'll get" the elder thought, picturing all the characters in his head, wondering which one suited him best. "romeo, probably, or juliet" jungkook chuckled, even though his answer was completely truthful; he did believe jimin could play either of the two, however, the thought of him having to kiss someone else sparked a flame of jealousy inside of him. "juliet? i'm not a girl, and anyway, id be lucky if they even casted me as a tree, stood somewhere in the background" the small boy rolled his eyes, imaging himself stood on the stage, in a humiliating, tree costume that was probably, most likely, made out of cardboard. "listen, they cast the two most attractive people in the class as romeo and juliet, so, you're bound to be one of them" the younger explained before dragging the latter  through a set of double doors, plummeting the two into a dimly lit corridor.

jimin furrowed his eyebrows, unsure of where they were and why jungkook had pulled them in there and why there were no students in the dark, void hallway. although, the boy felt a slight sense of tranquility inundate him with the absence of students, muscles relaxing at the sound of distant chatter becoming muffled by the two doors, emphasising the barrier between themselves and the zoo of teenagers, as if they had just entered an alternate universe, the doors being the mystical portal that connected the two worlds. "where is— why is it so— where are—" jimin let out a sigh, shaking his head as he tried to figure out which question to ask first, ignoring how jungkook let out a small giggle at his confusion. the younger brought his hand up and ruffled the boy's soft hair, disrespecting all the time and effort that jimin had put into perfecting the hairstyle — at 6am this morning. the latter let out a whine, quickly running his tiny fingers through his hair to flatten the stuck up, out of place strands, glaring at the younger who shook his head, "your hair looks fine" he reassured, wrapping his large hand around jimin's wrist and pulling him along, their footsteps joining the sound of muffled shouting. "this is the old physics department, they extended the school in like 2014 and made that the new one, since the rooms are much bigger and more modern. so now, this is just an empty hall, with empty rooms— until they find some use for it" the younger explained, pointing to the washed out, pale yellow walls and the line of scarlet red lockers on the left side of the corridor, which were left battered and bruised, presumably from the generations of teenagers throughout the years. jimin almost felt sorry for them, ignoring the fact they were just made out of metal and had no actual feelings or emotion. "so, what are we doing in here then?" the boy questioned, eyes flickering up towards the ceiling and noticing a couple of cobwebs, indicating the senility of the building. jungkook let out a halfhearted chuckle, a mischievous smirk curving his lip up as he felt jimin's wide eyes burning into the side of his head, "don't we have class?" he added, pulling out his timetable from his back pocket and unfolding it, examining the piece of paper carefully. "look, i have literature" his index finger pointed at the subject, holding the paper up for jungkook to see, "is it near here?" jimin asked, folding the paper back up and putting it back in his pocket. the younger stopped, "listen, you aren't going to class, free period" he shrugged, swallowing down the truth as he spat out a lie to satisfy the worried boy, what he doesn't know won't kill him, the younger convinced himself. "so, why does it say i have literature?" jimin furrowed his brows, wondering if he had even looked at the right day or period. jungkook sighed before pushing the door of a classroom open, dragging the elder in with him before he could get out his timetable once again.