chapter twelve ;;

warning: grammatical errors

(again, i'm not fluent in english so please bear with me. i did not proof read this. gomen xDt)

injured — harmed, damaged, or impaired.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"MOVE! OUT OF THE WAY!" the overwhelming sound of panic coming from the number one hero resonated throughout the USJ. Water droplets keep dripping down on his body as he carried [Name]'s battered body in his arms.

The battle is over, they won... but at what cost?

[NAME].

All Might should have stopped in that particular moment but he knows, that the girl did that final blow to help him fight the creature and it did. With the doing of [Name]'s slashes, it decreased the ability of Nomu to absorb his attacks, however, the moment the Nomu threw the girl's body at the flood zone, this happened.

She is one of his comrades. The person who saved him during his battle with All for One. He knows her quirk. He knows, she can survive this..

However, he forgot one thing.

She's still a child. A living human being that can feel pain. She can still experience danger despite her natural abilities and swordmanship.

[Name], who was concentrating her breathing despite of being unconscious is now failing to do so. Her body feels numb. Her lungs are giving up, and her brain is starting to tell her to go to a deep slumber.

All Might felt your breath hitch at the sudden feeling filling up your body. He started to sense your body getting cold after drowning for a few minutes before he could carry you to the shore.

The panic he's feeling increases as the warmth of your body could no longer be felt. His eyes widen at the realization. He cursed under his breath as he run faster towards the entrance where all of his students, teachers, police, and a medical team awaiting for his arrival.

He dashes forward, seeing all the worried faces of your classmates and the agape mouths of the watchers.

"She needs medical attention, now!" The authority with voice made everyone taken aback because for starters, this is the first time they saw All Might not tugging his lips upwards. This is the first time they saw the Symbol of Peace panicking. No matter how dangerous the situation is, he always bring calmness and relief towards the people, however... this sight... is new.

For the first time, his facade is crumbling.

Midoriya Izuku who's watching the scene, covered his mouth with his uninjured hand. He quivered as his eyes landed on your body being carefully lie down on the stretcher by All Might. The blood oozing out from your head, your mouth, and your chest made his chest hurt. His friend, the first person who always gave him hope... is now looking lifeless.

He felt guilt.. he felt anger.. he couldn't save you when the Nomu grab your hair. He couldn't save his homeroom teacher. And more importantly, he felt useless as he only watched you suffer for the second time. He could have done something! He could have been in your place but you took it all. You took all the blow just to save them because he knows, you were aware that the three of them, Mineta, Tsuyu, and him were supposed to be the next target of Nomu until you barged him to save his homeroom teacher.

He gained a quirk.. a quirk that can save anyone.. but why? when you and All Might saved him from the depth of hopelessness, why... can't he do the same to you? Why can't he save you earlier? Just, why?