3

You jolted awake as an alarm blasted near your ear. Oof, am I late. Draped into your bed sheets you began to scratch your head.

With a long-needed stretch and crack in your back, you had sat up. A yawn proceeding to escape your lips, you tried to rub off your drowsy eyes.

As you glanced down at your phone you casually look down at the time.

'Damn it- yeah I'm late.'

Since its summer you were grateful for no classes, but your job on the other hand. You could possibly be screwed.

You quickly dressed up and grabbed everything you needed.

It is no time like tomorrow! You need to go, as you ran to the car and to drive to your location.

"Y/N!" As your coworker called you out.

"Really," you were walking fast and had grabbed her into a corner. You looked past your surroundings, checking if anyone noticed your slight absence.

"Were you trying to call me out??" You looked directly into her eyes. This part-time although it was conveniently just a 10-minute drive, you couldn't help on some days to not be your best. Especially when you had a late start.

"Nah, it just slipped I'll be honest. But besides, I wasn't the one who slept in through their alarm though," as she cheekily tries to imply to me.

"Ok fair, but can you please buy me some time to change," you pleaded into her eyes. F/N was a good friend of yours. You honestly clicked with her when you first started working at the cafe. You could say you consider her a good friend to have.

"Yeah, it's good" throwing a thumbs up at you.

You worked in a cafe quiet and quaint like yourself, but hell it was busy all the time. You couldn't complain much, because it gave some decent pay for yourself.

It was a cute flower shop but primarily is a cafe. People come in just for the ambiance, and you wouldn't blame them. It's small and nice.

"Thanks, F/N" as made your way to your post.

"Hey, have you heard about the fan sign? It'll end in two days and get to speak to one of the members," as she was leaning on the counter. Mind you, F/N was the one who had introduced you to the wonders of Kpop.

"I mean, it's all about chance" you had skimmed the email when it had first been released out in your inbox. You had been interested, but not entirely invested enough to risk it.

"It's no harm in trying though Y/N, besides you'll be supporting them for the album!"

She wasn't wrong. Buying an album wouldn't hurt. If you had what is the chance, even if it was slim. You were well verse about seventeen, but the idea of you speaking to a member just the thought made you nervous for some reason.

"Girl you missed your chance with the tour, please don't regret this one." F/N was just milking in your guilt at this point, squeezing out the last bit of conviction for you to break.

She was right, you just might as well. You did feel kinda guilty about not going to the concert.

"Alright, I'll try it out" as you sighed from defeat by her last remark. You prompt your body down to the counter. Would you have enough money, eh, it didn't hurt to just treat yourself just this once.

"Cool! I knew I could cave you into it!" slapping your back in reassurance.

---------------------------------------------

Just as your shift ended you were heading back to your apartment.

Really what are the chances though, should you just do it?

As that still circulated inside your head.

'You should do whatever you want!'

Ah- it's him again

You scoff a bit, maybe he heard you dwelling over this.

'Thanks,' as you thought in reply you settled with your answer.

"Ahh, that was brutal, $30+ goodbye money" as you logged off the site. You contemplated over your choices convincing yourself it was alright and did a good thing. You laid your head to the side staring at your phone. Your partner hasn't responded to your text since last night. You knew that long-distance was tough for the both of you, but you couldn't imagine them out on their summer working on a program out of state. It was tough, but you had been dead set you would be fine with this and it can still work out.

Your phone begins to vibrate on the desk, and low and behold it is your said partner!

You read over their text:

S/O: "Hey babe! Sorry, I was so caught up with the workload, are you free to talk? <3"

Y/N: "YEP!"

You immediately dial and called,

"Hey, I missed you! Ahh, we didn't have our usual call last night!" as you began to act slightly pouty. Sometimes you felt the need to. You couldn't help but want to hear their voice from time-to-time.

"I'm really sorry about that! Truly am, I was just checking up how are you and your part-time." They began to chuckle from the sound of your voice. They could briefly imagine how you were acting at the moment. It felt a big sigh of relief sigh from you just have a laugh from them. Your partner would occasionally text in, not as frequently as you want, asking about your day and checking up on you.

"Fine, fine. I'm curious how that's internship program you're going on,"

"Little stressful but fun I'll be honest. BUt I'm just glad to hear your voice" as they sighed in content. You were charmed by him and knew they had plans for themselves in the future. You fully supported their goals, but somehow the distance hurts you sometimes. Whenever you get the chance to just to hear them talk sent relief for you. Gosh, did they get you smitten!

You were resting in your bedroom while talking to them. You were just happy to hear noise filling your room. Ever since the internship program you worry alone. Although you did have your partner and friends, when you were in a silent place unsettling thoughts were circulating your head. Maybe even if you were a baby, you didn't like being by yourself. You were just so happy with some company and to be honest your partner you felt it was just what you needed at times.

What a cutie you snatched (tbh)

You were completely compatible with each other, both chill, reasonable, and understanding with each other. You wouldn't be mad about an ignore text but concerned if they were alright for the following day. And if one of the two was in a bad mood, you both decided to sit and have a talk to discuss the problem. You saw no fault in your relationship. But you were set on one rule: Never talk about soul marks and soulmates.

It was a taboo for you, but your partner didn't mind that rule with you.

You planned to enjoy each other company for the time being they had in their relationship whether they decide to break up or go forward. You wanted your relationship to have no flaw. You always tried to put in a bit of effort to make them happy.

You ended your call at 11 and decided to turn in for the night.