It was time to talk with your partner and you didn't know how to start it. God knows you made up the only rule that you both discussed in not talking about soul marks and soulmates.

Honestly maybe you should apologize in advance. You didn't try to pursue your soulmate it just happened. Agh! Even when you phrase it like that, it ploys back to destiny or fate.

You looked at your phone and decided to make your call.

"Hey babe, how are you~"

They were the first to answer. God, you never felt ready for this call. The sound of their voice was so pure, you hope that what you would say wouldn't ruin your relationship.

After some time you began to speak,

"I'm sorry I know this is sudden but I needed to talk to you. I know we planned not to talk about it, but I really dont want to hide this from you." Your voice began to waver and slightly shake as you spoked.

"It's okay, talk to me. What's wrong, hun?" As their voice picked up a bit concern over the sound of your voice.

"I'm sorry I found my soulmate," just as you burst into tears. GOd you hope it didn't ruin your relationship. You needed them, they were your support system.

"I didn't mean to!!" You felt yourself rambling so much, you felt as if an overwhelming breakdown was surfacing just ready to explode.

You manage to hear your partner's words overpowering you, making you to stop your crying.

"..god, okay just give me a second"

...

There was silence on the line for a while. You could hear distant steps as if they walked away from the phone. It felt as though you had ruined everything. A bitter disgust resided in your gut. How could you do this to them. After everything.

You had buckled yourself on your bed, tears still fresh and still spilled down your face. You couldn't let out a scream, it felt insulting that you had inflicted this news onto your partner. You couldn't and you felt you didn't deserve to, if they had to bare it in on the other line of the phone.

You could hear them coming back onto the phone after a while as a few minutes passed.

"Ok, what happened?"

They were calm when they ask their question. It might have been the time they had taken to cool off, that they were able to act this way to you.

Just as you reiterated the story, the same question lingers:

"What do you want to do?"

"I don't have to do anything! I don't want to go by fate or destiny. I want you, please believe me!"

"Oh honey, I know. But,... god maybe this is for you" as they concluded

"What are you talking about? Do want to break up? Was two years being together just nothing because of what happened today?!" As you demanded. You couldn't believe what you were hearing. Was this really the end for you both. It couldn't end like this. They didn't know how much they meant to you in your life. You couldn't picture yourself without them. It just brought you a great amount of distraught to your core.

"It's not like I want this too!!" as they yelled

You were surprised by their reaction.

It was the first time you heard them yell. You both agreed that they would always sit down and rationally talk to one another while considering the other's feelings on the issue at hand.

"Y/N our relationship was no joke, I never once thought that those 2 years were meaningless. I love you and will ever do. But maybe it is for the best. I didn't want to tell you this, but I met my soulmate through the program. Its not like I didn't want to tell you. I honestly did. But maybe this is the best. I never did try to court him, because I was in love with you."

"Was in love?" As you reiterated back with an empty tone. 'Was' did they really-

"Please don't twist my words.. I wanted to talk to you about this. Please hear me out!" As they sincerely tried to convey.

It was no use. You couldn't listen to this on the phone.

"Fine, but I truly want to heard from you." As you calmly spoke.

"I can't just come over from-" 

"I'll be going over-" Just as you proceeded to say.

It might be unbelievable of you to drive over to get your heart hurt, but you needed to hear it from them. Not just from a call. It couldn't end just like this.

"Y/N-"

"No. Please stop, I want closure and I want my closure this way not from a call."

You were determined to go there and that was final to you. If it was going to end then you had rather hear it from them and see them for yourself.