Chapter 4: Part 2

Part Two

Isaac

Walking into town really did the job to help clear my mind. I look forward at the dusty tan-dirt road leading into the town square. Even if it was dusk and most people were home. The town square still had a few people walking around the shops, some leading horses, others with friends or a partner. I sigh looking at one couple and began thinking about Rachel.

‘I haven’t seen her since last Sunday when I finally went to church’.

While thinking I didn’t notice that I have bump into someone so I quickly apologize.

“Oh, it’s alright Isaac, ain’t no harm done” I recognized that the person I bumped into was Father Mark. Inside I sighed in annoyance but I smile false smile for a cover.

“Father Mark, what are you doin’ out around here?” I ask being polite.

He smiles and answers, “There is a young lady, Danielle Bakers I believe, she’s sick with a cold and it seems to be gettin’ worse.”

I shook my head with a small frown, “Well, that’s a shame” I commented.

“Yeah I know, that’s why I came around and said a prey for her.”

I nod with empathy for the young girl and actual admiration for Father.

“Hope that does the trick…” I kind of mumble feeling the coming of an awkward silence. Father only smiles and nods and then as I predicted, in silence we both look other ways from the dead conversation.

“So what brings you out?” Father Mark asks. I look back to him and try to think of an excuse but nothing ran through my mind.

“Uh….” I look down nervous from my lack of imagination.“I’m out here for the fresh air, I guess. Also to clear my mind” I wanted to slap my forehead for being honest, but oh well.

“And what did you wanted to clear out? Father Mark questions.

I wanted to frown, this was the reason why I should of lied. I could of said I came out to buy some meat-ah see there’s a good excuse, too late to use it now.

“Some frustrations…” I say looking past him, staring at the orange and red sky.

“Oh, and what might they be? You could share with me; I am the pastor-that is if you don’t mind.”

‘Why is this man bothering me?’ I thought becoming annoyed with him. I said what I said to hint that I did not want to continue this talk, yet this good- doer has no sinful bone in his body, does he?

‘Well…it might help…’ I concluded.

“Well…It’s…confusing? No-um…its complicated-I…” I stop my stupid blabbering trying to find the right words for my stress. I look to Father Mark who had a small knowing smile on his face.